Who should attend
This certificate program is intended for union, worker center and community-based organization members, staff, activists, and Executive Board officers. You are welcome to enroll at any level: Beginner (Working knowledge of topics), Competent (Good working and background knowledge of topics), or Proficient (Depth of understanding of topics).
About the course
Learn about the roles and rights of being a steward, how to write and handle grievances, how to deal with management, and how to keep your workplace organized. In this course, you will learn the rights of workers and union members under various labor laws including the National Labor Relations Act, Illinois public sector laws, the Family Medical Leave Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Programs Associated with this Course
- Certificate in DePaul Labor Leadership Certificate Program
Upon completion of all six courses, you will:
- Build on existing labor knowledge and skills
- Gain a deeper understanding of labor issues and economic justice
- Prepare to take on new levels of leadership in unions, worker centers and community-based organizations
- Earn a Certificate of Achievement from DePaul University
The Labor Leadership Certificate Program is presented in partnership with the Labor Education Center.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.