Who should attend
No academic qualification is required, and most courses are suitable for students who are new to the subject.
All teaching is in English (unless a foreign-language course). If your first language is not English, you need to satisfy yourself that you have the required near-native command of the language to get the maximum benefit from studying with ICE.
About the course
Are you responsible for people in your organisation? Managing people at work can be rewarding but difficult at times, particularly when navigating the legal rights and obligations of employers and employees. This practical overview of Employment Law will provide a basic grounding in employment law and you will gain confidence to identify and approach workplace issues.
- 09:45 Arrival & registration
- 10:00 Session 1: Foundations of Employment Law
- 11:15 Coffee
- 11:45 Session 2:The Equality Act 2010
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Session 3: Managing within the law –including performance management, disciplinaries and grievances
- 15:15 Tea
- 15:30 Session 4: Case studies - Putting Theory into Practice
- 16:45 Day school ends
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.