Who should attend
This course is intended for individuals at all levels who want to improve their communications and relationships with others.
About the course
Some believe that successfully navigating relationships is an inherent quality that can’t be learned—but this is not true. Developing your interpersonal skills increases your self-awareness and strengthens your ability to better understand others. Gain a better understanding of your communication style and how it differs from others, and learn to use that understanding to communicate effectively—verbally and nonverbally. You will participate in an interactive game where you use your newfound interpersonal skills to respond to a series of real-world scenarios.
- Complete an action plan to develop interpersonal skills
- Use multiple self-assessments to increase understanding of yourself and the perspectives of others
- Apply positive and productive communication techniques to various types of interactions by receiving feedback from others
- Create supportive workplace relationships by treating others with respect, trust, and dignity
- Use strategies to successfully overcome tense situations and restore confidence in relationships
- Using a competitive game environment, use interpersonal skills to respond to a series of real-world scenarios
Overview of Interpersonal Skills in the Workplace
- Interpersonal Skills Model
- Senge's Wheel of Learning
Awareness of Self and Others
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence
- Expanding Perceptions
- Accommodating Different Styles and Preferences
Effective Communication Skills
- Transparent Communication
- Focused Conversations
- Modern Communication
Forming Connections with Others
- Cultivating Trust
- Strengthening Relationships with Feedback
- Expressing Gratitude and Appreciation
Dealing with Difficult Interpersonal Relationships
Capstone: EXIT Game (EXperiential Interpersonal Techniques)
- EXIT Game (EXperiential Interpersonal Techniques)
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.