Who should attend
This is an introductory course, so no prior knowledge of internal communications is required. The course is not limited to those in the marketing discipline. Although internal communications often falls nowadays within the remit of marketing, many other descriptions are used – Workforce Enablement, or Employer Branding, for instance – so many other functions would also find it useful. This workshop is suitable for private, public and non-profit organisations.
About the course
Many organisations talk about the need to empower their staff. But how many walk the talk? By joining this course, you will develop a blueprint for internal communications media & content for your organisation, to ensure staff fully buy into what the company is trying to achieve.Why is this so important? Because there is a causal link between staff satisfaction, customer satisfaction and company profitability (or success measured in other ways, in the case of not-for-profits). This workshop offers a simple and effective 8-step process to help you treat your people as internal customers, with all the benefits which that will bring.
- Analyse your organisation – what sort of organisation are you, and what are your corporate objectives? How does this affect your 'tone of voice'?
- Set down your specific communication objectives, both strategic and tactical.
- Segment your audiences – rank stakeholders in order of importance and power.
- Develop key messages and themes for each group.
- Match communications vehicles and media to your objectives.
- Implementation - set and follow an action plan.
- Recognise and defuse barriers to implementation.
- Measure the outcome – how to set appropriate key performance indicators and metrics to judge success.
Vanessa Moon has 25 years experience in marketing, insight and integrated communications built across a variety of agency roles and longstanding project, training and consultancy work including clients such as Asda, Avon, Kraft, Bacardi-Martini, Saint-Gobain and Haymarket. She has trained and co...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.