Who should attend
Delegates on this program are seasoned managers/executives who have at least 15 years of experience in the workplace and/or have completed the Advanced Management Course (AMC). For those who received an MBA degree seven or more years ago, this is also a perfect opportunity to update knowledge and gain exposure to late-breaking benchmarks and best practices for the years ahead.
About the course
As the most senior-level program in McGill’s Mini-MBA series, this experience helps seasoned managers put together all the pieces of the management puzzle to handle new scenarios and make sound decisions that will help their organization grow intelligently. It is perfect for those wanting to enhance and refine their abilities in creativity and innovation, change management, strategic growth, financial acumen and entrepreneurial thinking.
How can you be a catalyst for innovation and growth given your resources, capabilities, and restrictions? Are you equipped to lead and execute change? Can you establish the readiness needed to capture opportunities on the horizon and define next steps to follow through? These questions and more will be answered in a dynamic, idea-sharing format, accompanied by outstanding professors with real-world experience.
Delivered in Montreal and Toronto (Mississauga), the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both private and public sectors.
See a complete schedule at the bottom of this page
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Explore current and coming trends in leadership, innovation, finance, entrepreneurship and growth strategies
- Capture advanced-level insights often found in the final “integration” phase of leading MBA/EMBA programs
- Learn to better analyze your options and make more successful decisions for your organization
- View your business through multiple lenses, ensuring greater harmony among functions and units
- Test your ability to launch new ideas, gain buy-in and take action on projects that link all aspects of management
- Network and share ideas with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
- Boost the equity of your LinkedIn or CV profile with a Mini-MBA Certificate of Completion
Innovation Models for Success
- Creating an organizational culture of innovation
- Understanding breakthrough, continuous and incremental innovation
- Value Innovation: a roadmap and tools for creating new opportunities
- Commercializing innovation
- Defining change management
- Exploring the driving forces of successful change initiatives
- Handling change anxiety
- Identifying key change behaviours linked to business results
- Sustaining change
Market Impact Project – Create, Present and Launch Your Idea
- Convince a panel of venture capitalists that your growth strategy, new product or service idea is worth their attention
- Build a strong business case: tips and techniques
- Present with confidence and power in the boardroom
- Gain buy-in when presenting your idea
- Profit from advice for implementing your action plan back on the job
Becoming an Entrepreneur Within Your Organization
- Developing new products and services: perspectives
- Understanding growth options: organic, joint venture, alliances, M and A
- Establishing the best ratio of speed vs. quality growth (sustainability)
- Creating your new integrated business model
Creative Management Thinking
- Clarifying the stages of the creative thinking process
- Thinking outside the box and problemsolving
- Implementing creativity and thinking skills in the workplace
Financial Acumen for Seasoned Managers
- Financing and costing your innovation
- Squeezing maximum leverage from your assets and resources
- Sourcing the right types of investment capital
- Evaluating financial risk in your growth model
Louis Gialloreto is a professor at McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management, member of the EMBA faculty, and former Executive Director of the McGill Executive Institute. He is a consultant to several multinational corporations in the areas of advanced management practices, marketing strategy, cus...
Jerry Remillard specializes in team dynamics and implementation of business strategies in the workplace. He is a coach, trainer and consultant, acquiring his corporate skills and knowledge in such well-known corporations as Kraft Foods, Domtar, and Catelli. Through McGill and his own firm, JR Man...
Sujata Madan is a McGill professor teaching in the areas of corporate finance, portfolio management, microeconomics and international business. With a degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, she worked with the Boston Consult...
Don Melville is an expert in strategy and competitive advantage. In his prior roles as Director at Secor and Senior Consultant at CapGemini, he led a number of activities aimed at achieving strategic excellence for multinational corporations. He is currently a faculty member in the areas of finan...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.