Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for managers and executives who have at least 15 years’ managerial experience and/or have completed the Advanced Management Course (AMC). For those who received an MBA degree seven or more years ago, this is a perfect opportunity to update knowledge, and to gain exposure to late- breaking benchmarks and best practices.
About the course
As the most senior-level program in McGill’s Mini-MBA Series, this experience helps seasoned managers make sound decisions that will support intelligent growth in their organizations. It is perfect for those wanting to enhance and refine their abilities in creativity and innovation, change management, strategic growth, financial acumen and entrepreneurial thinking. How can you be a catalyst for innovation and growth given your resources, capabilities, and restrictions? Are you equipped to lead and execute change? Can you establish the readiness needed to capture opportunities? These questions and more will be answered in a dynamic, idea-sharing format, assisted by outstanding professors with real-world experience. Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga) and Online, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both private and public sectors.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Explore current and coming trends in leadership, innovation, finance, entrepreneurship and growth strategies
- Capture advanced-level insights often found in the final “integration” phase of leading MBA/EMBA programs
- Learn to better analyze your options and make more successful decisions for your organization
- View your business through multiple lenses, ensuring greater harmony among functions and units
- Test your ability to launch new ideas, gain buy-in and take action on projects that link all aspects of management
- Network and share ideas with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
Topics covered in this course
Innovation Models for Success
- Creating an organizational culture of innovation
- Understanding breakthrough, continuous and incremental innovation
- Value Innovation: a roadmap and tools for creating new opportunities
- Commercializing innovation
- Define change management
- Explore the driving forces of successful change initiatives
- Handle change anxiety
- Identify key change behaviours linked to business results
- Sustain change
Market Impact Project – Create, Present and Launch Your Idea
- Convince a panel of venture capitalists that your growth strategy, new product or service idea is worth their attention
- Build a strong business case: tips and techniques
- Present with confidence and power in the boardroom
- Gain buy-in when presenting your idea
- Profit from advice for implementing your action plan back on the job
Becoming an Entrepreneur Within Your Organization
- Develop new products and services – perspectives
- Understand growth options – organic, joint venture, alliances, M and A
- Establish the best ratio of speed vs. quality growth (sustainability)
- Create your new integrated business model
Creative Management Thinking
- Clarify the stages of the creative thinking process
- Think outside the box and problem solving
- Implement creativity and thinking skills in the workplace
Financial Acumen for Seasoned Managers
- Finance and cost your innovation
- Squeeze maximum leverage from your assets and resources
- Source the right types of investment capital
- Evaluate financial risk in your growth model
Jerry Remillard specializes in team dynamics and implementation of business strategies in the workplace. He is a coach, trainer and consultant, acquiring his corporate skills and knowledge in such well-known corporations as Kraft Foods, Domtar, and Catelli. Through McGill and his own firm, JR Man...
Sujata Madan is a McGill professor teaching in the areas of corporate finance, portfolio management, microeconomics and international business. With a degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, she worked with the Boston Consult...
Don Melville is an expert in strategy and competitive advantage. In his prior roles as Director at Secor and Senior Consultant at CapGemini, he led a number of activities aimed at achieving strategic excellence for multinational corporations. He is currently a faculty member in the areas of finan...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.