Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Course developers and trainers without formal training in instructional design or accelerated learning principles and have less than two years of experience in training course creation.
About the course
Gain a practical, proven-in-action method for creating innovative and successful training programs.
This comprehensive program for powerful instructional design takes you through the steps of building a training program: analyzing training needs, planning an interactive program, creating engaging activities that accelerate learner’s comprehension and application, preparing others to teach the course, and evaluating course effectiveness. At this workshop, you’ll apply what you are learning to create a short training session that addresses some of your company’s specific training needs.
Start building your instructional design expertise in only three days at this practical, applications-based seminar.
How You Will Benefit
- Use practical tools to help you analyze the organization’s and learners’ needs
- Design courses more efficiently by following proven methods and guidelines
- Create training that engages and resonates with your audience
- Learn how to choose the appropriate content to include in a course
- Project course timing and durations more accurately
- Overcome some of your most pressing training challenges
- Ensure training really “takes” back on the job, not just in the classroom
What You Will Cover
- Accelerated learning principles
- The ADDIE training development process: Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate
- Training needs assessments and training strategy development
- Creation of meaningful learning objectives
- Organization and sequencing of course content and activities
- Training activity options
- Evaluation considerations and methods
- Pinpoint Training Needs with a Deft Assessment of the Training Audience
- Define Individual Training Goals Through a Breakdown of Job Responsibilities and Processes
- Create an Interactive Training Program That Increases Learner Retention and Application
- Learn How to Create Accurate Budgets and Plans for Developing and Delivering Training Courses
Components of Successful Training
- Define Successful Training from the Viewpoint of All Key Stakeholders: Participant, Course Designer, Course Instructor, Management, Subject Matter Expert, and Participant Customers
- Explain How Using Accelerated Learning Principles and Addressing Multiple Learning Styles Can Increase Learner Interest, Retention, and Knowledge Transfer
- Describe the ADDIE Process and How It Helps Instructional Designers Create a Training Program That Better Meets the Learners’ and Organization’s Needs
Analyze Training Needs
- Explain How Conducting a Thorough Needs Assessment Increases the Likelihood of the Training Program Targeting the Organization’s Long- and Short-Term Goals
- Use Best Practices and Tools to Conduct the Five Key Analyses That Comprise the Training Needs Assessment: Gap, Critical Success Factor, Work, Audience and Technical Analyses
- List the Benefits and Drawbacks to Various Methods for Organizing Course Content
- List the Benefits and Drawbacks to Using Instructor-Led and Web-Based Training Delivery Methods
- Write Meaningful Training Needs Assessment and Training Strategy Reports
- Create Reasonable Course Development Budgets and Work Schedules That Are Acceptable to Key Stakeholders
Design Your Training
- Create Effective Learning Environments
- Identify the Appropriate Content to Include in Courses to Avoid Overstuffing the Courses
- Plan How Time to Allot for Each Subject in a Course
- Describe Three Ways to Sequence course Content
- Choose Interactive Activities to Include in the Course That Will Teach the Concepts and Keep Participants Engaged
- Design a Learning Activity
- Write a Design Document That Provides Key Stakeholders with Enough Information to Have an Accurate Vision of the Course
Develop Your Training Course
- Create Easy-to-Follow Activity Instructions for Trainers and Participants
- Explain the Importance of Incorporating Post-Training Activities into the Course Design
- Describe at Least Three Best Practices for Webinar Design
- Explain the Importance of Having an Iterative Review Process
Implement Your Training
- Choose the Best Method for Preparing Trainers to Teach Newly Designed Courses
- Create, Discuss, and Receive Feedback on a Training Activity for One of YOUR Own Courses
- Explain the Four Levels of Training Evaluation
- Select Appropriate Evaluation Tools or Techniques Based on Audience, Purpose, and Evaluation Level
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.