Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This 3-day programme is right for you if you are leading innovation efforts in your organization and wants to develop wider a deeper understanding how innovation really works. Ideally, you have 5 – 10 year experience in leading teams. You have a senior or general management roles or, you are regarded as a high-potential and play an important role in leading your organization’s innovation challenges.
About the course
Companies today are immersed in a VUCA environment, a fast changing world where Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity are affecting the way companies compete.
This new multi-polar business world is particularly challenging for organizations, as they have to defend their current position while creating the necessary innovation to comply for the new realities: globalization, digitalization, commoditization, hyper-competition, and this combined with an ever-increasing pace of change.
So Innovation Leaders need to know how to lead their innovation efforts through these turbulent times. They need to know which methodologies and frameworks will work for them. Know how to adapt their organizations and processes. How to lead people in the origination and which culture will prepare for sustaining success.
This 3-day training programme will enable innovation leaders mastering these challenges.
This innovation leadership in a VUCA World training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your leadership skills. You will gain a wider perspective of leadership through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your innovation and leadership skills & competencies and be able to:
- Take advantage of the ideas and concepts of most innovative companies in the world
- Master a range of innovation leadership competencies
- Understand how leaders in an organization can make or break innovation
- Learn how to create an innovative culture for your organization
- Be able to remove critical barriers to innovation and get the organization’s buy-in on innovation projects
- Develop innovative thinking, planning and implementation skills
- Deep-dive into innovation methodologies and frameworks
- Connect with international peers
- Benefit from immediate feedback to help deliver on your innovation challenges
- Know how to benefit of the multiple innovation resources – both internal and external
- Make innovation work through your organization and processes process
- Apply the learning to your own organization
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
The Innovation in a VUCA World is a 3-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies. The programme is structured in 3 parts, each designed to ensure an effective training experience:
- Pre-workshop participant on-line questionnaire
- Innovation self-assessment test
- Reading of selected relevant articles
- Participants to prepare an innovation project to individually work on during the workshop
- Highly interactive presentations
- Best practice sharing and peer learning
- Group discussion and hands-on work in syndicate groups
- Practise of innovation tools, frameworks and methods
- Individual work on own innovation project
- Post-workshop audit after 6 weeks
- Receive additional reading material
- Coaching by MCE faculty (optional: additional fee)
Innovation in a VUCA World Course Outline:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Definitions of innovation and the importance for organizations
- VUCA world realities and related innovation challenges
- Framing your innovation challenge
Module 2 – Roads to innovation
- Innovation myths
- Innovation language
- Key success factors and obstacles to innovation
Module 3 – Strategic directions
- Innovation strategies: linking innovation and business strategy
- Dealing with risk in a VUCA world
- Protecting innovation
Module 4 – Innovation models
- The innovation radar: Areas of innovation
- Blue ocean strategy
- Design thinking
- Outcome driven innovation
Module 5 – Sources for innovation
- Connecting with your customers
- Ideation techniques and idea screening
- Open versus closed innovation
- Challenging industry conventions
Module 6 – Innovation processes
- The innovation process framework
- Managing innovation portfolios
- The long road: Stage-Gate process
- Innovation project management
Module 7 – Innovation resources
- Resource mapping: human and financial resources
- External innovation resources
- Stakeholder analysis
Module 8 – Innovation organization and structure
- Organization types: weaving innovation into business
- Communication and physical environment
- Innovation networks
- Innovation incubators
Module 9 – Making innovation work in the VUCA world
- Eight functions of innovation leadership
- Developing an innovation culture
- Making innovation work: executing innovation
- Performance metrics
- Innovation audit
Hans has built his expertise over the past 30 years leading organisations in Europe, Asia and Latin America in various industries. He has managed organisations in different stages of the lifecycle as CEO, General Manager or Managing Director. Accomplished International Senior Executive with focus...
Abdalla, A results-focused strategist with 20+ years of expertise in spearheading award-winning & marketing planning, sales acceleration, and business development initiatives, with special focus on successfully building winning strategies, prioritizing a high-performance culture, and launchin...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.