Who should attend
This session is designed for new and emerging team leaders and supervisors.
About the course
Learn to positively influence the thinking, decision-making and actions of a wide range of people.
- Identify the opportunities for influence within a situation.
- Identify the decision making criteria used by the other person in a conversation.
- Deal with the emotion in a situation.
- Use influential language to speak persuasively.
- Use structure to manage and lead a conversation.
- Use models of influence in individual conversations and groups.
What is covered in the course?
- Your current influencing style.
- Sources of influence and power.
- How others make decisions.
- How to avoid undermining relationships and conversations.
- Dealing with others’ emotions and logical thoughts.
- Tools to lead a conversation and influence the outcome.
How will I benefit?
In this workshop, you will learn how to be a more influential manager, building collaborative relationships with senior managers, colleagues, stakeholders and your staff to achieve positive outcomes.
How will my organisation benefit?
Improved management skills, liaison skills and a collaborative manager better equipped to consult with a range of important stakeholders.
Gary is a corporate trainer, facilitator and coach, who specialises in helping business people to improve their performance by showing them how to communicate more effectively in critical situations: leadership, workplace culture, teams, sales, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer servic...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.