This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Get help meeting the new ISO 9001:2015 requirements to prepare you for a certification audit. Even more importantly, use the ISO 9001:2015 standard to become a high performance organization. This course includes tools that address each of the major changes, along with engaging exercises in which you put the tools to use. We use a hands-on approach, so you’ll learn by experience and walk away with your own action plan for your organization.
What You Will Learn
- The strategic additions in ISO 9001:2015
- Risks and opportunities
- How to embrace the process approach
- Organizational knowledge
- How to enhance management review
- Communication and awareness requirements
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize relevant ISO 9001 definitions and principles.
- Understand the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Create an implementation plan for ISO 9001 requirements at your organization.
THE STRATEGIC ADDITIONS IN ISO 9001:2015
- Context of the organization
- Interested parties
- Planning for quality objectives
RISKS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Techniques for identifying risks and opportunities
- Ideal participants
- Facilitation methods
- How to prioritize risks
- Determining actions for risks and opportunities
- Integrating actions into the Quality Management System
EMBRACING THE PROCESS APPROACH
- Determining high level processes
- The components of any process
- Developing process diagrams
- Linking processes to risks
- Understanding what knowledge the organization needs
- Sources of knowledge on a daily basis
- Methods for sustaining knowledge
- Making knowledge available to employees
ENHANCING MANAGEMENT REVIEW
- The new inputs
- The new outputs
- Facilitating top management review
- Identifying action items
- Maintaining records
COMMUNICATION AND AWARENESS
- Creating an organizational communication plan
- Applying project management to communication
- Identifying what employees need to be aware of
- Fine tuning your existing communication program
Who should attend
This course is designed for internal auditors, quality managers, management representatives, management system consultants, auditors certified to ISO 9001, and organizations with ISO 9001:2008 management systems.
Trust the experts
Deann Desai is a project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She is actively involved in ISO committees on a variety of topics. She provides implementation assistance and training to companies pursuing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001. Desai has experience in energy mana...
Craig Cochran is a project manager with the Georgia Institute of Technology Economic Development Institute. He has served in management roles in multiple industries-including textiles, glass manufacture, semiconductor, and telecommunications-for nearly twenty years. Some of his specific areas of ...
Elliot Price is manager of the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute's Augusta Regional Office and a member of the Process Improvement Group and Sustainability Group. A RABQSA-certified lead auditor, he has helped companies successfully prepare for ISO 9000 registration ...
Ade Shitta-Bey, project manager with Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute, helps manufacturers put Management Systems in place, audit those systems, and train organizations to manage and maintain the new systems. These systems range from product design to post production support and sta...
Experienced leader of Quality & Food Safety, Process Improvement, and ISO Management Systems with increasing levels of management responsibility throughout career. Demonstrated skill set includes: ability to develop value-based relationships across different functions and levels of the organi...