Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program benefits those in a senior management or executive role responsible for implementing strategy. Titles of participants have included:
- Operations Directors
- Directors, Business Planning
- Senior Vice Presidents
About the course
Develop an integrated approach to strategy implementation and performance management. Build strategic thinking abilities, decision-making acumen, personal leadership qualities, and influencing skills. Maximize management systems to drive organizational performance and growth.
Improve your ability to:
- Lead for the effective launch and execution of strategic initiatives
- Systemically assess the organization to ensure your implementation plans are complete
- Align strategies with organizational culture
- Connect business unit initiatives with enterprise direction
- Create processes for change and innovation
- Developing strategic capabilities
- Translating the competitive environment
- Managing change
- Influencing people and processes
The Leader's Role
- Mobilizing yourself - and your team(s)
- Interpersonal dynamics of leadership: communication and motivation
- Shaping an effective organizational culture
Leading for Implementation
- Shaping decisions and organizational behavior to launch new initiatives
- Implementing strategy from the enterprise to operations
- Keys to success: process, people, and purpose
- Gain hands-on practice in an engaging, low-risk, high-impact simulation as you learn:
- The essentials of organizational change
- Tactics and techniques to engage critical stakeholders
- Increasing organizational effectiveness
Value For You and Your Organization
This program develops critical leadership abilities in creating and implementing systems that improve business unit performance and increased organizational competitiveness. Participants leave prepared to apply targeted strategic thinking and a process for implementation of initiatives.
Al Vicere is Executive Education Professor of Strategic Leadership for The Smeal College of Business at The Penn State. He holds Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees from Penn State where he served for over eleven years as the Smeal College's Associate Dean for Executive Education. He was th...
Owner Mindshift Consulting Mary Kay is a dynamic facilitator and she has helped many organizations both in the private and public sectors to achieve new levels of effectiveness and efficiency. She is a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (S.P.H.R.) and she is qualified in the Myers-...
Forrest Briscoe is Professor of Management and Organization, and Frank & Mary Jean Smeal Research Fellow, in the Smeal College of Business. He also holds a courtesy appointment in the Department of Sociology. Much of Dr. Briscoe's research focuses on organizations adopting new practices and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.