This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
How to Avoid Manager Mistakes that Spark Lawsuits
Avoiding Common Mistakes That Can Lead to Lawsuits
When you move into a management role, you’ll face many situations where problems can develop that you were never trained to address and that if handled incorrectly can lead to a variety of problems and even lawsuits.
Even seasoned managers have difficulty knowing what to do in increasingly complicated employee situations.
For new managers these problems are even more challenging. Therefore, understanding the basic principles of HR is the most cost effective and easiest way to head off employee relations problems and legal challenges.
What you will cover
As a first-time manager, it’s important to know the employment laws and regulations set by federal, state, and local governments that are most likely to lead to legal liability. This webinar explores key concepts and provides advice covering:
- Common legal pitfalls that new managers must avoid
- Basics of hiring and firing in a compliant manner
- Ways to document employee performance issues, both bad AND good
- Essentials of performance reviews and discipline
- Handling employee complaints
- Preventing harassment and bullying
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key Human Resource issues
- Explain the steps to hire and retain employees
- Apply employee performance management measures
- Understand the key legal responsibilities of managers
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
Who should attend
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted managers
- New employees in the HR department
- Struggling managers or those having little or no formal HR training