Who should attend
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted managers
- New employees in the HR department
- Struggling managers or those having little or no formal HR training
About the course
How to Avoid Manager Mistakes that Spark Lawsuits
Avoiding Common Mistakes That Can Lead to Lawsuits
When you move into a management role, you’ll face many situations where problems can develop that you were never trained to address and that if handled incorrectly can lead to a variety of problems and even lawsuits.
Even seasoned managers have difficulty knowing what to do in increasingly complicated employee situations.
For new managers these problems are even more challenging. Therefore, understanding the basic principles of HR is the most cost effective and easiest way to head off employee relations problems and legal challenges.
What you will cover
As a first-time manager, it’s important to know the employment laws and regulations set by federal, state, and local governments that are most likely to lead to legal liability. This webinar explores key concepts and provides advice covering:
- Steps for effective interviewing and onboarding new employees
- Setting expectations about culture and accountability from day one
- Ways to document employee performance issues, both bad AND good
- Essentials of performance reviews and discipline
- Coaching employees to develop an “achievement mentality” on your team
- Common legal pitfalls that litigation landmines new managers must avoid
- Wisdom from the HR trenches
- How to practice inspirational leadership
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key Human Resource issues
- Explain the steps to hire and retain employees
- Apply employee performance management measures
- Understand the key legal responsibilities of managers
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.