About the course
Many organizations today are drowning in data while thirsting for insights. Being able to detect small problems and challenges - employee engagement, customer relationships, risk, innovation, and sustainability - before they escalate into bigger ones is a key requirement for managing organizational performance and success. Leading organizations are making use of social media data and predictive analytics to monitor and manage their future success. In this highly interactive workshop you will learn to hone your skills at identifying valid performance metrics linked to financial success for a wide variety of factors that are hard to quantify, such as corporate culture, intellectual capital, customer satisfaction, and marketing/sales. Using a series of case studies from service and manufacturing organizations, attendees will be able to critically evaluate their own organization’s metrics and approach to performance management and come away with many examples of creative measures and approaches used by today’s leading companies and non-profits.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 25% Best and Worst Practices in Measuring and Managing Performance
- Top 10 Stupid Measurement Mistakes
- Building the foundation - vision, mission, goals, objectives
- Real time performance data
- One version of the truth
- Words & numbers = business intelligence
- 15% Types of Metrics
- Singlular, Formula, Indices/Analytics
- Myths and Truth about Analytics
- Common Everyday Analytics
- Organizational Cholesterol - Developing predictive indicators
- 35% Measuring Important but Challenging Dimensions of Performance - Best Practices
- Human Capital
- Supply Chain
- Social Network/Customers
- 25% From Measurement to Management
- Level, Trend, Analysis, Action Plan
- Ensuring Data Integrity
- Primary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Selecting and Organizing Information, Analysis, Developing Specific Plans, Determining Required Resources
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Direction, Results Analysis, Evaluation
- Tertiary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Judgment
Mr. Mark Graham Brown has spent the last 25 years consulting with organizations to help them improve performance. He began his career as a consultant with Creative Universal, a corporate training and marketing communications firm in Detroit. He then spent six years as a Principal with Svenson &am...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.