Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for reservoir, production, operation and drilling engineers responsible for recommending and evaluating horizontal wells as wellas operators and technicians.
About the course
This five-day course will cover the horizontal well technology from a multidiscipline application view. Participants will gain an understanding of principle for the following topics, during this course, horizontal well technology, reservoir engineering, drilling and completion, along with risks and measurements while drilling. Cementing, logging while drilling, testing, surveillance, production logging, and production improvement will also be covered.
Participants will also get a chance to learn about the applications of horizontal wells and models, including coning problems, gas reservoirs, fractured wells, and fractured reservoirs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Learn about the applications of horizontal wells and models, including coning problems, gas reservoirs, fractured wells, and fractured reservoirs
- Learn about horizontal well gravel packs, advanced perforating technology, CT drilling and completion types, horizontal well sand management, along with well evaluation cases and re-entry drilling
- Learn about horizontal well evaluation
- Learn about conveyance methods for bottomhole measurements
WELL APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Horizontal wells applications and horizontal well productivity
- Steady-state approximations
- Productivity index
- Flow regimes
- Effects of anisotropy
- Formation damage
- Skin factor
- Slanted wells vs. horizontal wells
- Pseudo-steady-state approximations
- Shape factors
- Productivity index
- Partially open producing intervals
WELL DRILLING AND COMPLETION
- Drilling and completion
- Rotary steerable
- Drilling risk
- Horizontal well evaluation
- Log responses and resistivity while drilling
- Drillbit seismics
- Formation evaluation while drilling
- Conveyance methods for bottomhole measurements
- Reservoir modeling while drilling case histories
HORIZONTAL WELL MANAGEMENT
- Horizontal wells gravel packs
- Advanced perforating technology
- CT Drilling and completion types
- Horizontal well sand management
- Well evaluation cases and re-entry drilling
- Conventional production logging
- Aspects of horizontal well acidizing and fracturing
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.