Who should attend
Individuals who coach, manage, lead and develop women in organizations.
About the course
Women and men, especially those in leadership positions, face markedly different personal and professional realities, which requires enhanced contextual awareness on the part of managers and coaches seeking to help women succeed in organizations. In this course, participants will be introduced to a framework for developing women leaders through coaching. They will engage in assessments, experiential activities, peer coaching, and small group work designed to increase their awareness of the differences in perceptions of women and men leaders as well as the specific contexts and needs of women leaders. Participants will work with coaching scenarios to practice application of the coaching concepts introduced in the course.
- Factors influencing perceptions of women's and men's leadership
- Characteristics of women's leadership presence
- Contextual factors affecting women's leadership development
- Effective strategies for coaching and developing women in organizations
- Coaching scenarios
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Gain coaching knowledge focused on developing women leaders
- Develop increased awareness of the contextual factors facing women leaders
- Identify and practice strategies to effectively coach women to succeed in organizations
Diana Bilimoria is KeyBank Professor and Professor and Chair of the Department of Organizational Behavior at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. She has served on the Board of Governors of the Academy of Management, and as the Chair of its Gender and Diversity i...
Dr. Deb O’Neil has 25+ years of experience in management, leadership and organization development. She is actively engaged in both the academic and the business worlds as a professor, executive coach and organizational consultant. Dr. O’Neil is an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior in...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.