Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is intended for all persons related to infrastructure projects and public buildings or private buildings, also employees for public works authority who is responsible for all flow up design, material selection and construction stages for new buildings taken into consideration of all green building codes.
About the course
This course will include an introduction to green building principles and insights into dozens of new clean technologies for green building. Participants will learn about new green building technologies and on how the building industry is leading the fight against global climate change, advancing sustainable development and energy conservation, and becoming a leading market for new clean technologies.
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED provides building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions. For professionals participating in the design and construction phases of high-performance, healthful, durable, affordable, and environmentally sound commercial, institutional, and high-rise residential buildings, the LEED AP Building Design + Construction (BD+C) exam is designed to measure your knowledge and skill in understanding the LEED Rating System and ability to facilitate the project certification process. This course helps participants understand and prepare for the LEED AP BD+C exam. Additionally, the course will provide a focused view on the new requirements for Designers and Contractors and will address the challenges that they face while executing LEED projects within the Middle East.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply an up-to-date knowledge, skills and systematic techniques in Green Building Field
- Implement the technology in Green Building Field
- Apply an up-to-date knowledge for Mechanisms to enforce the legislation related to Green Building
- Understand on how to effectively utilize LEED practices
## Course Outline
- Pre-test (Verbal) Evaluation of the Participants Awareness about the Course Subject
- What is a Green Home?
- What Green House Effect?
- A Green Building Begins with Good Design
- Green Buildings as Aim for High Building Performance
- Information about Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC)
### Day 2
- Information about USGBC (United States Green Building Council)
- What Mechanisms to Enforce the Legislation?
- Green Buildings also Focus on Enhancing Building Energy Performance
- Elements of Green Design
- Good Green Design means Reducing the Harm the Building does to the Environment
- Use the Highest Quality Building Materials and Systems
- Water Efficiency
- More Efficient Use of Water Resources Lowers Operating Costs
Discuss Tankless Water Heaters
Energy Efficiency - HVAC
Use the Highest Quality Most Energy Efficient Furnaces and Air Conditioners
Green Buildings also Focus on Enhancing Building HVAC Design and Performance
- More Efficient Use of Energy Resources Lowers Operating Costs
- Building Science/Insulation
- Use the Highest Quality Most Energy Efficient Type of Insulation
- Discuss the Minimum R-Values for Ceilings and Walls Recommended for Green Buildings
- Discuss the Minimum R-Values for Doors and Windows Recommended for Green Buildings
- What is LEED?
- The Five Major Areas of Performance:
- Sustainable Site Development
- Water Savings
- Energy Efficiency
- Materials Selection
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Overview the LEED Rating System
- Certification at One of Four Ratings:
- Platinum (Highest Rating)
- Energy Tax Credits
- Understanding the Tax Credits Available for Building Green or Making Green Improvements to a Home
- FINAL Q&A – CLOSING REMARKS
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.