Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Prospective Certified Government Financial Managers® (CGFM®) need to understand government accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting, as well as their differences from private-sector financial activities. You will gain an understanding of governmental accounting standards, financial reporting practices, and budgeting approaches and how to apply these standards. You will also learn to interpret complex financial statements issued by Federal, state, and local governments.
- Understand governmental accounting standards, financial reporting practices, and budgeting approaches
- Apply the standards, practices, and approaches by the federal, state, and local governments
- Understand financial statements issued by federal, state, and local governments
- Influences, Concepts of Financial Reporting and Standards-Setting
- Cost Accounting
- General Principles
Accounting and Reporting for State and Local Governments
- Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting
- Fund Accounting and Reporting
- Government-Wide Financial Reporting
- Accounting and Reporting for Specific Asset and Liability Transactions
- Revenue, Expenditure/Expense and Other Operating Statement Transactions
Federal Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- Federal Budgeting
- Federal Budgetary Accounting
- Federal Financial Accounting and Reporting Foundations
- Federal Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis
- Federal Financial Accounting Standards and Illustrations
- Federal Financial Accounting Standards – Case Study
Who should attend
This course is designed for financial Management professionals seeking support for taking the required exams for Certified Government Financial Manager® (CGFM®) certification.