Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Senior military and Public Service leaders and industry executives who have or will have responsibility to lead and manage the planning and implementation of medium to large programs. It will be of particular benefit to newcomers to Ottawa and those with less experience with the processes and stakeholders involved with major Government funded investments.
About the course
Managing large and complex projects through the approval cycle presents many challenges. This two-day module provides a roadmap to navigating the Canadian machinery of government, the approval processes for government major investments, and the roles of key gatekeepers and decision makers as applied to complex projects and procurements. It will focus on the roles played by Central Agencies in financial management, the means by which projects are funded, and the key steps in the approval processes. Participants will be able to identify the key stakeholders for early engagement, both in Government and Industry, and to understand how industry capture management processes work. Industry participants will gain an understanding and perspective of how to interact effectively with the government approval processes and policies.
What You Will Learn
- The decision making process from requirements to policy approvals to expenditure authorities and contract award.
- The roles of and interaction between Central Agencies, Industry Canada, PWGSC and industry.
- An understanding of Government financial investment decision making, including responsibilities, policies and processes.
- How to identify and engage with the key stakeholders in the approval process.
- How to manage the implications that the policies and processes of external agencies will have on project planning including risk management, costs, schedule and staff capacity.
Dan Ross brings has over 40 years of experience as a military leader, senior public service officer and teacher. He holds a BSc in mathematics from the University of Saskatchewan and is a graduate of the National Defence College, the Canadian Forces Command and Staff College and the Land Force C...
A dynamic leader with proven ability to transform vision into action and deliver targeted results, Mariette Fyfe-Fortin is recognized for her leadership of government business transformations and change management initiatives, complex project procurements, and services delivery in sectors ranging...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.