Who should attend
This program is designed for skilled professionals seeking to grow their leadership and management skills as their responsibilities expand across their organization. Executives who manage a P&L and share in the responsibility of driving the strategic direction and decision-making of their unit and/or organization will benefit from this program.
This program will benefit a wide range of industries and sectors – especially those in leadership functions undergoing dynamic change. This could include, corporate executives, country heads in multinational businesses, business owners, scientists, engineers, IT professionals, lawyers, government officials, architects, and entrepreneurs. Attendees should have 10 plus years of professional work experience.
About the course
Economic, social, and technological innovations have radically transformed the global workplace, placing new demands on organizations to stay one step ahead. These demands require organizations to be agile, strategic, and able to give rise to a new type of leader. This new type of leader must be equipped with the leadership skills to adapt to a highly collaborative work environment, while also holding the expertise to respond to modern business concerns in the face of rapid technology evolution.
Chicago Booth’s Global Leadership Institute (GLI) aims to utilize The Chicago Approach™ to business—a multi-discipline based approach to elevate the management skills of executives by focusing on leadership, strategy, decision-making, and finance. GLI also incorporates relevant topics such as innovation, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and corporate social responsibility to help leaders stay ahead. This program aims to provide the tools and frameworks to preserve and grow your organization as disruptive market changes occur.
- Improve your executive decision-making skills to better drive your organization’s strategic direction in times of digital and economic disruption
- Learn best practices in negotiation techniques and develop frameworks for making sound decisions
- Become a more effective leader and discover the dynamics of interpersonal and team behavior related to organizational performance and effectiveness
- Gain the tools to think strategically and predict the impact of industry evolution to remain competitive and maintain profitability
- Develop tactical innovation tools that will help leverage outside perspectives for insights and new ideas
- Discover the fundamental principles of finance and accounting to make profitable financial decisions
- Learn how an organization can become more socially conscious through their impact in society
- Discover how artificial intelligence and analytics can be used to make smarter and more profitable business decisions
- Learn how to anticipate disruptive market changes and act with strategic agility
- Discover effective cybersecurity tools and the role you can play in protecting your organization from global data breaches and digital attacks.
- Negotiations and Decision-Making: Learn techniques based on the latest advancements in the field of negotiation and decision strategy to enhance your influence within your organization and professional network. You’ll learn to recognize flaws in their negotiation and decision-making approach and develop frameworks for making sound decisions and negotiate effectively.
- Strategic Leader in a VUCA World: Too often, executives over rely on the experiences and thought patterns that have been successful in the past. In a completely static environment, this might allow them to continue to make good decisions but the business environment is changing rapidly and becoming increasingly complex. In this session, executives will gain the tools to scan the business environment, seek out alternative perspectives, and consider innovative approaches.
- Choosing Leadership: Participants will explore their assumptions about leadership, management and followership; better understand the outcomes of their everyday behavioral choices, and practice skill building for executive leadership effectiveness.
- AI and New Analytic Methods: Artificial intelligence and technology can impact an organization’s decision-making to make more powerful business outcomes for your customers. With advances in machine learning, AI and other new technologies, this session will address how organizations can use data to enhance their strategic decisions to improve their ROI.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Learn from Chicago Booth’s Rustandy Center for Social Sector Innovation faculty how to examine the broader social sector in which your organization operates, grow while focusing on social responsibility, and become a purpose-drive leader.
- Define your Leadership Style: In this online module, you will identify, refine and develop your leadership style by building on Booth’s distinct approach to leadership. You’ll design and implement a series of in-work experiments and analyze the results. You’ll leave with a plan to continue developing and experimenting throughout your career.
- The Chicago Booth Approach to Finance: In this online module, you’ll learn the fundamental principles of finance and accounting to become a more impactful leader and financial decision-maker. You’ll gain the frameworks to quantitatively evaluate choices and understand how these choices affect an organization’s incentives and resources.
- Cybersecurity for Executives: In this online module, you’ll learn how to play a unique role in helping your organization stay safe by learning effective cybersecurity management strategies and the role you can play in protecting their organization from global data breaches and digital attacks.
Greg Bunch draws on a wealth of experience as an entrepreneur, manager, consultant, alderman, and teacher. He is the founder of Masterplan International Corporation, a strategy consulting firm. He was also a partner at Brandtrust, a brand strategy consultancy. Greg is a co-founder of Oration, a ...
Linda E. Ginzel has been on the Chicago Booth faculty since 1992. She specializes in negotiation skills, managerial psychology and executive development. Recent interest is focused on what she terms Leadership Capital: the courage, wisdom and capacity to decide when to manage and when to lead. In...
Haresh Sapra studies the real effects of accounting measurement policies, disclosure regulation, and corporate governance. His current research deals with issues of disclosure, transparency and financial reporting for financial institutions. For example, how do accounting measurement rules impact...
George Wu studies the psychology of decision making; decision analysis; and cognitive biases in bargaining and negotiation. Additionally, he has received research funding as part of a 3-year, $3.6 million project entitled "Enhancing the Human Experience through Behavioral Science: New Paths to Pu...
Jake Braun is Executive Director for the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy’s Cyber Policy Initiative where he works at the center of politics, technology and national security to advance the field of cyber policy. He has co-authored two award winning and seminal works on electi...
Lindsey Lyman is the founder of Growth Studios, an innovation consultancy that helps companies build profitable new businesses. Through her work as a practitioner, Lindsey also helps executives become stronger innovation leaders and helps organizations build innovation capabilities. She consults ...
Sanjog Misra is the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. His research focuses on the use of structural econometric methods to study consumer and firm decisions. In particular, his research involves building data-driven models aimed at ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.