Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
HRLP is designed for progressive, high-calibre, dynamic HR professionals with experience in various aspects of human resource management. The program is a transformational experience designed for those who want to upgrade their skills through leading-edge tools and practices in the field. The program is suitable for those who appreciate the growing complexities in the field of HR and want to enhance the skills needed to succeed in a fast-evolving business environment.
Applications are welcome from professionals with:
- Experience, demonstrated career progression, and success across levels, such as:
- Leadership positions such as HR Operations Head, Chief HR Officer, Group HR Manager, VP – Talent Management,
- Operational positions such as HR VP/Director, VP/Director of Talent Management, VP/Director of Learning and Development, talent, people management, compensation, engagement, performance, and HR operations,
- Professionals in HR- and people-focused businesses including strategists, organizational orchestrators, and compliance regulators who are steeped in the complexities of human resources.
- High-achieving professionals in roles such as People Analytics Manager, Talent Acquisition Lead, HR Manager, HR Generalist, HR Advisor, HR Consultant with experience in human resource policies, practices, operations, growth and other areas of HR.
- Professionals and executives with a responsibility of evolving their organisation’s HR strategy and practise to meet future needs.
- Consultants focused on organizational effectiveness and future of work.
- A strong drive to succeed and aspirations for reaching beyond the obvious career milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn and apply new knowledge in varied situations.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
About the course
The Global HR Leaders Program (HRLP) from the National University of Singapore Business School is a comprehensive leadership program for Global HR Leaders that is focused on the Future of Work and the associated opportunities for HR Leaders to strengthen and enable their organizations for the digital era. This 6-month program is an immersive experience that focuses on leading-edge human resources transformation that is creating a paradigm shift enabling industries to leapfrog challenges. The NUS Business School faculty alongside leading industry experts will provide rich insights so that you can craft ambitious solutions and shape the future of HR within your organization and industry.
You will learn best practices, evolving strategic frameworks, and digital and technological advancements driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution. You will also learn performance management for a dynamic environment that is trending younger, evolving organizational goals for a rapidly growing and scaling workplace, and the tools to develop and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives that are necessary to enable the best places to work in the future.
You will achieve all this as you take on increasing responsibilities within your organization and move towards the C-suite, while building an enviable network of peers, colleagues, industry leaders and faculty from NUS who are global thought leaders, and define the HR of tomorrow.
Upon the completion of NUS Global HRLP, apart from becoming a part of the HRLP community, participants will also become an integral part of the global NUS Business School Executive Education network. You will also become member of NUS Executive Circle.
Participants will also receive the benefits listed below*:
- The NUS Global HR Leaders Program certificate from the NUS Business School.
- Ability to join the NUS Business School Executive Education LinkedIn group and the NUS Global HRLP LinkedIn group.
- Invitation to all NUS Business School Executive Education events that occur globally.
- Receive NUS Business School Executive Education newsletters and electronic publications.
- Eligibility for a 10% discount on future executive education programs.
Through this program you will:
- Develop actionable insights into your leadership qualities and focus areas to maximize your leadership potential
- Gain a deep understanding of strategic concepts to employ a more proactive role in shaping organizational strategy including short-term productivity and long-term business agendas.
- Learn to actively collaborate with C-suite professionals and position yourself for a leadership role proactively within the organization and industry.
- Learn how to identify, implement, and maximize your organization’s competitive advantage through HR strategy, change management, and talent and organizational performance.
- Gain expertise and critical skills necessary to enable digital transformation and navigate the impact of disruptive technologies to help your organization thrive in a dynamic business environment.
- Learn how to manage, lead, and excel with new-age HR systems and the latest tools and processes.
- Deploy and use people analytics to shape the people resources and its impact on your organization and better understand the nuances of the changing workplace.
- Drive change by analyzing and optimizing the performance of your organization.
HRLP is designed to give you a competitive advantage in dynamically evolving organizations that are scaling up fast and transforming at a never before pace. The NUS Business School will enable you to leverage global knowledge with deep insights to help propel you and your organization to succeed globally.
You will be privy to valuable insights from the distinguished faculty as well as industry thought leaders who lead the program. With distinguished international faculty, our blend of cutting-edge learning in a truly international forum is what differentiates the NUS Executive Education experience.
High-Touch Integrated Curriculum
Be immersed in a 6-month learning journey that includes interactive sessions with faculty and practitioners.
Learn at your own pace with guided online sessions and peer interactions.
Gain insights from internationally renowned global industry experts and some of the best faculty in the Asia Pacific.
Benefit from a teaching approach that includes real-world case studies, video lectures, virtual fireside chats, and research-driven insights.
Engage in dialogue with thought-leaders in HR and business from around the world.
Grow your network and enhance your learning experience through experiences shared with a diverse peer group of accomplished professionals.
HRLP is uniquely designed to immerse promising HR professionals in an enriching 6-month learning journey. It takes you through a mix of relevant modules that combine theory and real-world case studies, along with video lectures, virtual fireside chats, and research findings. Prepare for a learning journey that promises to encourage reflection, stimulate discussion, and foster an exchange of thoughtful perspectives. The program provides flexibility to incorporate your demanding responsibilities so that you can learn in a guided manner and with peer interactions, but still at your own pace.
At HRLP, you will push your strategic thinking skills, plan new mechanisms for improving talent performance, and roadmap the steps to drive change at your organization. Through the program you will strengthen your leadership toolkit needed to manage as well as lead a high-performing and rapidly growing organization. Starting with an assessment of your current people leadership capabilities and areas to focus on, the key topics that are covered in the program include:
HR LEADERSHIP REDEFINED
- Leadership Assessment
- HR Leadership in Work of the Future
STRATEGY IN DIGITAL AGE
- Business Strategy and Business Models
- Strategy in the Digital Organization – Talent and Technology
- Strategy in a Diverse and Inclusive Organization (DEI)
HR SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES – ADAPTED FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
- Talent Strategy: Hiring, Engaging, and Rewarding A+ Talent
- Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation
- HR Systems to Drive Organizational Performance
LEADING AND INSPIRING YOUNGER COLLEAGUES
- Inspirational Values, Culture and Communications – How to Enable Organizations
- Mentorship and Reverse Mentorship Models – Inspiring the Workforce
HR LEADERSHIP PROCESSES AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Leadership Communication and Influence in connected world
- Leading in Times of Uncertainty / Managing change
- Executive Presence and Influence in the C-Suite
PEOPLE ANALYTICS: METHODS AND METRICS
- Tools, techniques, and data sets for people analytics – Setting the Objectives
- Understanding measures, metrics, and KPIs.
- Understanding data-driven decision-making.
BUSINESS MODELS AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Business Strategy and the Need for Digital Transformation
- People Systems for Integrating with a Digital Organization
REMOTE WORK, PRODUCTIVITY, WELLNESS AND HAPPINESS
- Enhancing and Ensuring Productivity for a Remote Workforce
- Driving Employee Happiness and Well-being
LEADING TEAMS AND PEOPLE (CXO PERSPECTIVES)
- Managing Growth
- Crisis Management
Andrew Delios is a Professor in the Department of Strategy & Policy, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. He completed his PhD in 1998 at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. He became a Fellow of the Academy of International Business in 2013. ...
Michael was born and spent his early years in Malaysia and Uganda. He graduated from Durham University in Chinese followed by postgraduate studies in Japanese language, politics and economics at Nanzan University, Nagoya, after which he worked for Toyota Motor Corporation in Toyota City, Aichi pr...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.