Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Today, engineering drawings are used to define or describe most manufactured parts. In each of these parts, tolerances are specified to cater for the variations encountered in the manufacturing process. This is to ensure that acceptable levels of variation and quality for each geometric feature can be achieved when parts are assembled together to form an engineering product. As mechanical designs can be complex involving numerous parts and sub-assemblies, increasingly more firms are required to specify and interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols on these drawings so that better clarity and acceptance rates can be achieved. This course seeks to look at the GD&T language and its related symbols, its concepts and rules as well as to read, interpret and specify them so that greater technical and productivity can be achieved.
- To learn the basic principles and building blocks of GD&T
- To appreciate the merits of GD&T and how it complements conventional tolerancing methods
- To be able to read, specify and interpret GD&T language
- To apply GD&T for technical and economic competitive advantages
- To know the definitions, concepts and rules of the GD&T language and its related symbols.
- To read, interpret and specify the various GD&T symbols in the engineering drawings
- To be exposed to the various gauging tools and techniques used to determine the intended geometric characteristic features.
Understand and Use of Basic GD&T Concepts and Rules
Understand, Specify, Interpret and Use of Datums and Form Control Symbols
Understand, Specify, Interpret and Use of Orientation and Location Positional Symbols
Understand, Specify, Interpret and Use of more Location Symbols, Runout and Profile Symbols
Revision - Discussion and Clarifications
Who should attend
Personnel who need to read engineering drawings. Relevant occupations include:
- Engineering Managers
- Product Designers
- Process and Tooling Engineers and Technical Personnel
- Quality Control Inspectors
- Procurement Personnel
Trust the experts
Sun Woh Lye
Dr Sun-Woh Lye, FIES, is currently in the School of Mchanical and Aerospace Engineering since 1987. He received his Bachelor and PhD degrees from the University of Bath, England. Amongst the courses that he taught at both undergraduate and graduate levels are industrial design, advanced product d...