From Tactical to Strategic Thinking
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Reactionary, short-term thinking limits an individual’s—and an organization’s—growth and success. When you consider the larger picture, you gain a valuable perspective that enables you to make decisions to address immediate needs and achieve long-term success. You will identify characteristics of strategic thinkers and practice effective strategies and approaches using real-world, thought-provoking situations. You will learn to align individual and team goals to your organization’s mission, and use a strategic framework to identify opportunities for growth.
- Analyze the uses of tactical and strategic thinking
- Develop a strategic mindset to achieve long-term personal and professional goals
- Use a strategic framework to organize thinking and make decisions
- Capitalize on opportunities to promote continuous organizational and personal growth
Strategic Thinking Overview
- Defining Tactical and Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Thinking and Setting Goals
Shifting to a Strategic Mindset
- Characteristics of Strategic Thinkers
- The Influences on Our Thinking
- Developing a Strategic Mentality
A Framework for Strategic Thinking
- Identifying Work Processes and Structures
- Exploring Team and Organizational Capacity
- Developing a Customer Focus
- Building Strategic Relationships
Maintaining Momentum for Strategic Thinking
- Avoiding Tactical Pitfalls
- Translating Strategic Thinking Into Action
Who should attend
This course is designed for people who want to be able to move beyond day-to-day, reactionary thinking to a more long-term and future-focused perspective.