Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for people who want to be able to move beyond day-to-day, reactionary thinking to a more long-term and future-focused perspective.
About the course
Reactionary, short-term thinking limits an individual’s—and an organization’s—growth and success. When you consider the larger picture, you gain a valuable perspective that enables you to make decisions to address immediate needs and achieve long-term success. You will identify characteristics of strategic thinkers and practice effective strategies and approaches using real-world, thought-provoking situations. You will learn to align individual and team goals to your organization’s mission, and use a strategic framework to identify opportunities for growth.
- Analyze the uses of tactical and strategic thinking
- Develop a strategic mindset to achieve long-term personal and professional goals
- Use a strategic framework to organize thinking and make decisions
- Capitalize on opportunities to promote continuous organizational and personal growth
Strategic Thinking Overview
- Defining Tactical and Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Thinking and Setting Goals
Shifting to a Strategic Mindset
- Characteristics of Strategic Thinkers
- The Influences on Our Thinking
- Developing a Strategic Mentality
A Framework for Strategic Thinking
- Identifying Work Processes and Structures
- Exploring Team and Organizational Capacity
- Developing a Customer Focus
- Building Strategic Relationships
Maintaining Momentum for Strategic Thinking
- Avoiding Tactical Pitfalls
- Translating Strategic Thinking Into Action