Who should attend
- Managers who are new to implementing strategy, moving into a more challenging implementation role or simply looking for new ideas to try where others have failed.
- Executives with accountability for outcome and direct control of significant resources (budgets and groups of people), typically general managers who lead business units, senior managers who head significant departments or leaders of major project teams
About the course
Many companies struggle to translate strategy into results. They lack the tools to implement strategy in turbulent and emerging markets characterised by uncertainties. This 3-day programme introduces a framework that enables participants appreciate the different drivers of execution and how they interact. Before the programme, each participant is to complete a pre-arrival exercise that will help describe the specific strategy execution challenge the organisation is facing.
At the end of the programme, each participant will develop an action plan that will enable them implement their organisational, divisional or departmental strategy effectively. The result is an effective structure and systematic process for improving the implementation of strategy in your organisation. In class, we highlight results of extensive research conducted on the various strategy implementation challenges that emerging market organisations face through case studies, experiential exercises, and discussions. In addition, distinguished executives will also share their experiences in implementing strategy in their different organisations. At the end of the programme, you will take away a powerful blend of theory and real-world context to apply to your challenges.
Key Learning Outcomes
Gain knowledge of the potential pitfalls and opportunities in today’s changing business climate. Arm yourself with the tools to navigate these turbulent environments and use cutting-edge strategy implementation techniques to drive successful strategy execution across your organisation.
- Develop a tailored implementation plan to execute strategic objectives
- Acquire skills needed to navigate volatile markets
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills in a diverse group of peers and gain the confidence to translate strategy into results
- Enhance their ability to lead strategy implementation and deliver performance
Professor Ogbechie has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering from Manchester University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a PhD in Business Administration from Brunel Business School in the UK. He has vast experience in marketing, strategy and corporate governance deri...
Nkemdilim has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering as well as MBA and MPhil Degrees from Pan-Atlantic University. He is currently completing his PhD work in the International Strategy Department of Pan-Atlantic University. As a Faculty member of Lagos Business School’s Strateg...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.