Foundations of Public Sector Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Eller Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Foundations of Public Sector Leadership prepares mid-level managers for the challenges of leading local, state, and federal government in today’s ever-evolving environment.
Public sector professionals are experiencing radical and ongoing change. Major macroeconomic, social, environmental and business trends will bring about a transformation in policies and in the way government and agencies are led and managed. Foundations of Public Sector Leadership is a customized five-day program that has been collaboratively designed between government leaders and professors from the University of Arizona.
Seminars are practical and interactive, providing participants with an opportunity to develop core competencies and skills that are essential for every manager in the public sector. Outcomes include:
- Leveraging trust to promote ethical behavior.
- Developing strategies to increase team effectiveness.
- Boosting your influence as a public sector leader.
- Understanding how to unlock the full potential of new technologies in Smart Cities.
- Preparing for public sector finance and budget cycles.
- Managing your professional image and brand.
- Effectively managing uncertainty and change.
Who should attend
Mid-level leaders in the public sector who seek to enhance their leadership skills and management effectiveness within the context of their organization. Past participants have included law enforcement and fire service supervisors, managers of local and tribal government, federal and state government managers and supervisors, elected officials, college administrators and board members of public institutions.