Who should attend
- Looking to improve business and strategy skills
- Involved in financial or marketing work
- Wanting to expand their influence
- Looking to enable sustainable business growth
- Wanting to draw value from human capital
- Preparing strategies for change
CEOs and managing directors
- Seeking to create vision and narrative
- Implementing change strategies
- Dealing with donors and government
About the course
Accelerate your social impact with a program supported by generous scholarships. Price on application.
Discover how to adapt to changing economic and social contexts, develop revenue streams, and manage stakeholders to ensure sustainable success. The For-Purpose Executive Leadership Program ensures you will have the skills to get value from the passion and commitment that drives your organisation.
You will gain the ability to clarify a for-purpose mission, design and execute purposeful strategies, deal with donors and government, apply financial rigour and deliver a compelling narrative to maximise your organisation's impact on the community.
Design purposeful strategy
- Develop strategies for changing contexts
- Create mission statements to deliver social value
- Implement suitable governance, finance and metrics
Build innovation pathways
- Unleash creativity with strategic effect
- Lead culture and systems change
- Develop entrepreneurial and innovative approaches
Become adaptable and influential
- Craft and deliver compelling narratives
- Develop brand through marketing
- Learn to lead people with real influence
Strategy development and execution
Develop for-purpose strategies and mission statements based on social value creation, fund raising and ways to successfully execute them
Innovation and growth
Put innovative ideas into practice by effectively incorporating them into your culture and strategy to expand diversity and achieve sustainable growth
Marketing and impact narrative
Build and execute marketing and brand strategies, develop positioning strategies, craft compelling narratives and turn data into sight
Adaptability and leading change
Become an adaptive leader, who can take on multiple stakeholder views, influence others, lead people on an individual level and develop lasting relationships
Design, execute and champion a sustainable growth culture and strategy, using deep insider industry knowledge for senior leadership teams. Learn to benchmark against the diverse innovation practices of industry pacesetters, inspire stakeholder thinking and manage behaviours to deliver innovation ...
Geoff Martin joined Melbourne Business School in 2012 and is now an Associate Professor of Strategy. Prior to completing his PhD at IE Business School in Madrid and his MBA at Melbourne Business School, Geoff held a number of senior strategy and operational risk positions at Deloitte (Sydney), GT...
Jody leads the Advancement strategy for the School and is focused on establishing a sustainable culture and practice of philanthropy to support the long term future of MBS. She is committed to deepening the relevance and impact of the School's activities. Jody joined Melbourne Business School i...
Carol Gill is an Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Melbourne Business School. Carol has specialized in the fields of executive learning and development, human resource management and organization development, as both an academic and practitioner, for more than 25 years. She is a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.