Who should attend
- Agriculture trainers
- Directors of regional offices responsible for the agricultural sector
- NGO employees
About the course
During recent global challenges and in these uncertain times, the focus on food availability is vital.
Reducing postharvest loss, estimated at one third of actual produce, provides a sustainable solution for increasing food availability; reducing pressure on natural resources; eliminating hunger and improving farmers' income.
This programme focusses on practical ways of reducing losses by: optimal storage and packaging; meeting global standards; innovative, sustainable methods and technologies for packing, and key supply chain principles.
- Key factors in loss prevention of Fruits, Herbs, Grains, Roots (Tubers)
- The Role of the Packing House in the Postharvest Sequence
- Storage methods: principals and impact
- Cooling techniques and Humidity as a major element in product shelf life
- Global Gap: how we meet and use for our benefit
- Green technology to extend shelf life (Sustainable Post harvesting)
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.