Who should attend
This online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Head office team members
- Strategy, budgeting and planning managers
- Finance and treasury professionals
- Capital project managers
- Investment analysts and advisers.
About the course
All organisations aim to optimise operating profit by increasing revenue streams and reducing operating costs. An understanding of financial strategy and the development of its associated financial skills and techniques takes that to another level. Financial strategies build on operating performance through evaluation and adoption of the appropriate strategies necessary for an organisation to survive, and grow and achieve its long-term objectives.
This Oxford online training course is designed to provide attendees with an understanding of the some important financial strategy and corporate finance principles and equip them with the practical skills to effectively apply these principles in a real business context in their own organisations.
By the end of this online training course you will be able to:
- Use DCF techniques for effective capital project investment appraisal, decision-making and planning
- Apply an integrated approach to the management of financial risk and business risk
- Manage financial risk using hedging and other techniques
- Identify the agency problem and consider various approaches to corporate governance
- Evaluate business growth strategies, and the financial strategies of mergers, acquisitions, restructuring and reorganisations.
Among a wide range of valuable topics the following will be prioritised:
- Discounted cash flow (DCF) models for capital investment appraisal and decision-making
- An integrated approach to identification, analysis and management of business and financial risk
- Decision-making under conditions of risk
- The use of hedging and other financial instruments to manage financial risk
- The agency problem and principles of corporate governance
- Long-term business growth strategies
- The reasons why even great businesses can fail
- Business model disruption and innovation killers
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business restructuring and reorganisation
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided for delegates who successfully completed the online training course
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.