Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Managers and those with financial responsibilities
- Financial decision-makers, whose techniques of decision-making and analysis will be improved through attendance
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others, who will gain an appreciation for decision-making thereby ensuring shared values within the organisation
- Analysts whose role involves evaluating and identifying market and competitive trends
About the course
Essentials of Corporate Finance course focusing on the knowledge and skills necessary for making sound financial decisions. Skills and decisions which will enable you to remain competitive, minimise costs, maximise revenues and also reduce / control risk.
This Oxford training course therefore focuses on the essential elements of corporate finance:
- The Finance Decision- How to finance the business using traditional and new methods of finance available in international markets
- The Investment Decision- Evaluating potential projects using the latest techniques
- Risk Management- How to minimise risks using the latest techniques
- Analyse capital investment and financing decisions using appropriate discount rates by applying payback, NRR, NPV Discounted Payback, IRR and MIRR using Excel® and provide recommendations for action
- Identify the key success factors / critical factors, investment opportunities and threats within their sector thereby preparing you for future challenges
- The Role & Scope of Corporate Financial Management
- Managing International Trade including
- Methods of Payment such as Letters of Credit, Collections
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Governance
- The Optimum Capital Structure / Leverage - Equity or Debt?
- Weighted Cost of Capital (WACC) and The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Calculating your WACC and CAPM
- When & How to use WACC and CAPM
- Establishing the Forecast Cash Flows
- International Issues
- Exchange Rate Risk
- Transfer Payments
- Restrictions on Capital Flows
- Evaluating the Capital Investment Decision using
- Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Identifying Financial Risks
- Internal (SWOT Analysis)
- External (PESTLE Analysis)
- Financing a Merger or Acquisition
- Capital Reconstruction or Restructure
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.