Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders in strategic roles who are called upon to make complex, cross-organizational decisions, and would like to gain a thorough understanding of finance-based decision making by exploring the many ways companies make money and the implications of each.
About the course
In this program, you will take a comprehensive look at profitability sources, capital management issues, rating agencies, industry-specific accounting practices, and M&A activity. Using a computer-based simulation, you will gain a realistic, executive-level view of the business through the strategic and tactical decisions leaders make.
Learning Objectives and Program Impact
- Examine accounting and capital management, profitability, and pricing metrics.
- Enhance your strategic decision-making abilities by understanding how to interpret financial information and reports.
- Maximize your understanding of profitability by interpreting financial data and developing appropriate operating metrics.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with company executives and financial professionals by becoming fluent in the industry’s financial language.
- Understanding Basic Financial Statements
- Value Creation
- Organizational Structure
- Capital Management
- Simulation: Introduction and Year 1
- Core Accounting Issues
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT)
- Simulation: Year 2
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Rating Agency Case Company Evaluation and Report-Outs
- Overview of Rating Agency Reports
- Simulation: Year 3 and Final Results
- Capital Investments and Decision Making
- Strategic Performance Measurement
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Who needs business acumen? EVERYONE! I am a mix of seasoned accounting director and dynamic presenter and teacher. This means can take any complex financial topic and explain it in a way that can be understood by people without a financial background. Go to my website, www.amartelassociates.com a...
Dan is a successful performance improvement consultant who is passionate about helping people and businesses achieve dramatic performance improvement through learning. Dan designs, leads, and implements learning and development initiatives aligned with the strategic goals of his client organizati...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.