Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with LIMRA International.Full disclaimer.
Gain a thorough understanding of finance-based decision making by exploring the many ways companies make money and the implications of each. In this program, you will take a comprehensive look at profitability sources, capital management issues, rating agencies, industry-specific accounting practices, and M&A activity. Using a computer-based simulation, you will gain a realistic, executive-level view of the business through the strategic and tactical decisions leaders make.
Learning Objectives and Program Impact
- Examine accounting and capital management, profitability, and pricing metrics.
- Enhance your strategic decision-making abilities by understanding how to interpret financial information and reports.
- Maximize your profits by interpreting financial data and developing appropriate operating metrics.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with company executives and financial professionals by becoming fluent in the industry’s financial language.
- Understanding Basic Financial Statements
- Value Creation
- Organizational Structure
- Capital Management
- Simulation: Introduction and Year 1
- Core Accounting Issues
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT)
- Simulation: Year 2
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Rating Agency Case Company Evaluation and Report-Outs
- Overview of Rating Agency Reports
- Simulation: Year 3 and Final Results
- Capital Investments and Decision Making
- Strategic Performance Measurement
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Who should attend
- Leaders in all roles who seek to increase their understanding of finance-based decision making
- Leaders specifically responsible for product management, distribution, marketing, or strategic planning