Who should attend
- Executives who contribute to decisions with financial implications
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in non-financial areas
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners without a financial background
- Individuals looking to move up into senior positions
About the course
This online course is designed for leaders and decision-makers who do not have a strong background in finance. This approach will give you an understanding of how money works within organizations, how to implement strategies in decision-making processes to drive business results, and how to achieve competitive financial performance. This course emphasizes the practical application of accounting principles and provides a framework for interpreting and leveraging information in a variety of business settings.
Understanding financial fundamentals is essential to direct your company in strategic decisions. This knowledge allows you to make better use of your information and become a strategic contributor to your organization. Understanding how finance works within your organization will enable leaders to use this knowledge to drive the success of their business more efficiently.
- Financial statements
- Present value techniques and applications
- Evaluating projects
- Assessing earnings quality
- Cost accounting and managerial accounting
- Financing, leverage, and options
- Strategy and oversight
Return on education:
- Employer benefits:
- Communicate financial goals and performance more effectively
- Evaluate the performance of your company
- Anticipate what financial statements should look like given the company’s business model
- Determine how your goals and performance are measuring up over time and against competitors
- Employee benefits:
- Analyze the performance metrics by which you are being measured and why they matter
- Use accounting concepts and strategies in your company’s decision-making processes
- Gain confidence and become a better communicator among peers and senior management
JB Henriksen is a principal in the firm Advanced CFO Solutions. He currently serves as the Acting CFO for several high growth companies in the software, wholesale, and medical space. JB is an active member of the Salt Lake City Angels and is active in the Utah entrepreneurial community mentoring ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.