Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Are you fluent in the language of business? Do you understand the tradeoffs between risk and return? Interpret your organizations financial statements and understand how your decisions affect those numbers.
Apply analytic skills to make informed decisions and interpret your company’s liquidity and profitability. Take full advantage of business opportunities with confidence. Gain insight into how accounting data drives your company’s past and future financial performance. Solidify the foundation you need to make better financial management decisions.
Finance and Accounting
Examine the processes and practices of accounting and finance to gain a robust understanding of the part you play.
Five-Day Immersive Program (Including Travel Time)
Registration begins at noon on Monday and class begins at 1:00. Class will conclude on Friday at noon. Evening activities and dinner will be included on select evenings and networking lunches will be included Tuesday through Friday.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Communicate financial goals and performance more effectively
- Examine the content and make connections between the three major financial statements
- Evaluate the financial performance of your company or unit
- Analyze the performance metrics by which you are being measured and why they matter
- Determine how accounting concepts and financial strategies are integrated into your company’s decision making processes
- Examine different financial strategies and anticipate what financial statements should look like given the company’s business model
- Benchmark financial performance over time and against competitors
- Gain exposure to diverse financial approaches, including methods of business valuation
- Implement sophisticated working capital management techniques
- Gain legitimacy among peers and senior management
To enhance program learning participants will receive a complimentary copy of “Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers,” by William G. Droms, the John J. Powers, Jr., Professor of Finance at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University.
Who should attend
Immerse yourself in the concepts and metrics that shape financial decision making. Examine the topics in finance and accounting that are essential to understanding and determining your organization’s success.
- Executives and high-level managers with budget authority
- Professionals responsible for financial and P&L decision making
- Individuals who seek deeper understanding of financial concepts and how they relate to business operations as a whole
Companies frequently send pairs of individuals, and small teams to this program, as they try to launch and lead new initiatives within their organization. Please contact us if you are interested in sending three or more participants to this program.