Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers who do not work in finance but are looking to better understand financial terminology and concepts so that they can confidently make meaningful contributions to strategic financial decisions.
About the course
To understand and speak confidently about core financial concepts and contribute effectively to financial decisions.
The program is divided into three parts:
Key Financial Statements
- Profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow
- Terminology, depreciation, working capital
- Analysing performance, key financial drivers and metrics
- Payback, net present value, internal rate of return
- Cashflow focus, discounted cash flow, cost of capital
- Capital investment decisions, value creation and delivering returns to investors
- Contribution, break-even, limiting factors
- Cost management, variable & fixed costs, operational leverage
- Cost allocation, product profitability and budgeting
Steve Seymour teaches finance on a variety of Ashridge custom and open programmes. Steve teaches and consults with a range of organisations internationally including CRH, Fenner, JTI, OMV, Philips, and Sinopec. Steve joined Ashridge from PowerGen (now e.on), where he was CFO for one of the compa...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.