Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Ashridge Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Developing confidence in analyzing and interpreting financial results will enable you to meaningfully contribute to strategic financial decisions and help drive business performance. Acquire the knowledge to understand and speak confidently about core financial concepts
Management decisions can significantly impact financial drivers and so having a sound understanding of key financial concepts can make the difference to leading sustainable organizational success. Developing confidence in analyzing and interpreting financial results will enable you to meaningfully contribute to strategic financial decisions and help drive business performance.
This course will demystify finance and explain key financial terminology, concepts, and principles in a way that’s simple and easy to understand. By the end, you will:
- Understand financial terminology and concepts and finance’s impact on the organization
- Feel confident in analyzing and interpreting financial results
- Have a greater awareness of how management decisions impact financial drivers and the performance of the organization
The Finance for Non-Financial Managers program aims to demystify finance by explaining terminology, concepts, and principles in an easy to understand way. A range of practical tools and techniques are introduced and used to help analyze, interpret, and evaluate financial information, and to assess the financial impact of organizational decisions.
Once your managers begin overcoming the practical challenges, they will grow in confidence and realize there is nothing daunting about understanding finance and making financial decisions.
- Financial statements: profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash flow
- Working capital, depreciation, and profit
- Contribution and break-even
- Payback and discounted cash flow—net present value (npv) & internal rate of return (irr)
- Value creation
As a participant, you will gain:
- A better understanding of financial concepts, terminology, and metrics
- An increased confidence when analyzing and interpreting financial information
- An improved appreciation of the impact of management decisions on your organization’s financial performance
- Greater awareness of the key financial drivers of performance and value
Managers return to the workplace with a clear and thorough understanding of financial terminology. They will have an increased confidence in their ability to analyze and interpret financial results, and a greater awareness of how management decisions impact financial decisions and the performance of the organization.
Who should attend
Managers who do not work in finance, but who are looking to better understand financial terminology and concepts so they can confidently make meaningful contributions to strategic financial decisions