Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Strathmore Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
In today’s dynamic business environment, executives require a practical, working knowledge of accounting, auditing, tax and corporate finance to make informed business decisions. This comprehensive three-day programme is hands-on, transformative and business-oriented. It provides a solid appreciation of best-practice corporate financial management and demystifies the language of business – accounting and finance. The Finance for Non-Finance Executives is specifically designed for experienced executives from non-financial backgrounds who need to understand, evaluate and deliver results, while utilizing financial information to inform their decisions.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Explain finance jargons and concepts of accounting information
- Make financial decisions
- Effectively manage projects
- To undertake financial planning and reporting, including budgets and forecasts.
Participants in this programme will be able to interpret and analyze financial information appropriately, and utilize the analysis to deliver increased organizational value. More specifically, the programme will enable the executives to:
- Make better operational decisions, supported with a clear understanding of their implications for organizational performance and value
- Measure human capital, product and customer value productivity and profitability in a meaningful way and use activity-based analysis to manage organizational costs
- Apply the concept of risk and return and the role of required rate of return in performance measurement
- Link financial information with overall organizational performance through the Balanced Score Card
Key Focus Areas
- The accounting framework and preparation of financial statements
- Understanding financial accounts, language and structure (aligned to the relevant standards and regulations)
- The audit process – how it is conducted and its role
- Analysing financial performance: growth, profitability, liquidity, debt and financial strength, including benchmarking
- Budgeting and financial analysis for short term decisions, cost accounting and management
- Cash flow analysis and interpreting cash-flow patterns
- Accounting for corporate acquisitions
- Project appraisal and valuation – risk and sensitivity analysis
- Financial risk management – key business risks and assessment of business risks
- Performance measurement – value-based management, Balanced Score Card and economic profit
- Taxation in business and tax management
Extensive use of Case Studies and discussion‐ based learning
Who should attend
The Finance for Non-Finance Executives programme is ideal for non-finance executives or anyone with at least two years of practical corporate experience in areas that are not related to finance.
Trust the experts
Dr. Waweru earned her Ph.D in International Finance (Derivatives Markets) from Sogang University in Seoul (South Korea), a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelors of Commerce (Accounting) from Kenyatta University. She is also a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) and a mem...
Welcome to SBS Executive Education