Who should attend
This is a course for those in marketing leadership roles, who believe they should seize the initiative through a greater understanding of the finance function, how it operates, and how it can be managed to deliver greater value to the marketing function. The themes explored will be relevant to those in any size or maturity of organisation and any category.
About the course
An advanced course for senior marketers and other professionals seeking to lead in marketing-related finance at a corporate level. This course will help delegates talk to finance on their own terms and derive greater value from the relationship between finance and marketing functions.
The course starts from the premise that there is often a mismatch in agenda between today’s marketing leaders and finance teams. Delegates will explore how marketers can contribute to solving strategic marketing challenges in a way that includes a finance perspective, moving the relationship from ‘confrontation to collaboration’.
- Understand the nature of effective financial leadership and the relevance of a marketing perspective
- Understand the different challenges facing finance functions and marketing leadership
- Explore what finance functions can (and cannot) do to help you in a marketing leadership role
- The importance of key finance documents, (the P&L statement, balance sheet and cashflow) their purpose and limitations
- Understand key principles of finance, such as prudence, going concern, accruals and matching and depreciation
- Review key analytical tools such as cost-benefit, break-even, payback, discounted cashflow/NPV and internal rate of return
- Review different approaches to budgeting, including zero-based, bottom-up and top-down, incremental, and rolling budgets
- Explore approaches to marketing and brand valuation
- Develop an understanding of the key strategic questions to ask of finance, and the role it can play in supporting your marketing goals
- Develop greater confidence with finance terminology
I'm a coach and facilitator, specialising in management, leadership and business consulting. I work as an executive assessment specialist, and deliver Level 3 and 5 Apprenticeship programmes in management for a range of providers. I have twenty years of consulting experience in learning and deve...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.