Goizueta Business School
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Professionals in non-financial roles wishing to strengthen their financial skillset
- Professionals in strategic roles
About the course
Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Managers helps business leaders from non-financial backgrounds build a practical understanding of the financial markets and gain critical insights into finance and accounting practices. You’ll learn how to apply financial principles to solve your organization’s challenges, regardless of your industry.
HOW IT WORKS
Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Managers will help you decipher the language of financial statements, examine sources of data, and explore analysis techniques to help you see beyond the numbers and uncover key measures of organizational performance. This course applies to the C-Suite Certificate with a concentration in Strategy and qualifies as an elective for the C-Suite, Leadership, and Advanced Certificates.
- Gain a Finance Foundation – Build your knowledge of finance and accounting management, while learning to address business challenges with applied financial principles.
- Understand the Numbers – Go deeper into financial statements to understand what the numbers mean and how to use them to drive organizational success.
- Drive Decisions – Develop techniques for using financial analysis to drive fiscally solid individual and organizational decisions.
COVER THE BASICS
Review the basics of financial statements, analysis, and manipulation. Understand the three statements, their similarities, and differences.
Understand why and how to create common-size financials, and what they can be used to indicate. Learn important ratios for financial analysis including those related to debt, equity, assets, profits, and returns.
Dive into the time value of money, annuities, perpetuities, and net present value. Explore investment decision techniques including NPV, payback period, rate of return, and profitability.
Biography Tad Smith President and Chief Executive Officer Sotheby's Tad Smith was appointed President and CEO of Sotheby’s in March 2015. Founded in 1744, Sotheby's is a global company that operates at the intersection of commerce and fine art, jewelry, and collectibles. It is the oldest comp...
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available