Who should attend
This course is tailor made for individuals who want to better understand the fashion and merchandising world. It is designed for fashion professionals looking to plan a career as a luxury fashion buyer or merchandiser.
About the course
This online short course will help you become a more confident buyer and merchandiser within the luxury retail sector. You will be immersed in the world of high-end fashion as you learn the business skills you need to buy and sell profitably at the exclusive luxury end of the retail market.
You will be guided by an experienced industry professional, as you learn about the key drivers of the sector – the customers, brands, product categories, business models - as well as essential skills such as trend forecasting, range planning, negotiating, sales analysis and trading.
Each week you will work on practical projects with the support of your tutor and classmates from around the world. You will receive personal feedback, and will develop a detailed understanding of the sector, the customers, and the concept of luxury.
This course is ideal for fashion professionals who wants to focus on a business career within the luxury retail industry. You will learn how to apply your creative instincts to spot trends and select garments and products that will delight your customers, as well as the technical skills such as creating budgets and managing the supply chain that are needed to run a profitable retail outlet.
- The concept of luxury
- The role of the fashion planning team: the buyer and the merchandiser
- Luxury brands and retailers
- Understanding your customer
- How to conduct trend research
- Strategy and preparation
- Sales analysis
- Competitor shopping
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunity, Threats)
- Creating budgets
- Trading: OTB (Open to Buy)
- Upcoming markets and new technology
- How to create mood boards
- Key strategy ideas
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- Understand the role of fashion luxury brands in the industry
- Create mood boards to communicate your ideas
- Conduct trend research
- Complete a SWOT analysis
- Understand sales analysis and strategy techniques
- Know who your customer is
- Tips on becoming a successful luxury fashion buyer from an industry professional
- Assembling your own range
A respected and highly successful premium and luxury Women’s and Men’s Retailer, currently Associate Lecturer at London College of Fashion. Career to date is a story of considerable commercial success, as seen in the transformation of the handbag department at a major department store from a prov...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.