Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London College of Fashion.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Have you always been interested in pursuing a career within Luxury fashion? This online course will immerse you in the world of luxury fashion and what it means to be a the luxury Buying and Merchandising team; planning, strategizing and selecting luxury product. With a focus on branded buying, you will learn how planning differs between a multi-brand department store and small luxury boutique. You will also touch on the inner workings of a luxury brand and how the Buying and Merchandising role differs here. Through the use of up-to-date case studies, lectures and workshops this course will explore the more complex aspects of planning for a luxury fashion department and the concept of luxury as a whole.
- The role of the luxury fashion planner
- Luxury brands
- Luxury retailers
- Understanding your customer
- Trend research
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) preparation
- Planning; research methods, sales analysis and creating budgets
- Buying; applying budgets, product selection and range planning
- Trading; OTB (Open to Buy)
- Emerging markets and new technology
By the end of this course you will have;
- Developed an understanding of the luxury fashion market, and how it differs from high-street fashion
- Covered the roles luxury fashion buying and merchandising teams and how they contribute to a successful fashion business
- Received tips on becoming a successful luxury fashion buyer or merchandiser from an industry expert
- A good awareness of the luxury fashion customer and their expectations
- Practiced identifying fashion trends in the luxury space
- Practiced assembling your own range and received feedback on your work from the tutor
Who should attend
The projects you'll be asked to undertake involve mathematical formulae therefore it's essential you have an understanding of maths to GCSE level C or equivalent. You will also need some prior knowledge of buying and merchandising, ideally within the fashion industry. If you are completely new to the area you may want to consider our Fashion Buying and Merchandising online course.
Trust the experts
A respected and highly successful premium and luxury Women’s and Men’s Retailer, currently Associate Lecturer at London College of Fashion. Career to date is a story of considerable commercial success, as seen in the transformation of the handbag department at a major department store from a prov...