Families in Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard Business School.Full disclaimer.
Like every company, family businesses must strive for growth amidst fierce competition, an evolving marketplace, and demanding customers. But family businesses also face a unique set of challenges and opportunities. In this personalized learning experience, you'll discover how to leverage the intrinsic strengths of your family business and to implement practices that drive high performance, shareholder loyalty, and healthy family relationships.
In this family business management program, you'll learn how to establish more effective business policies, communication practices and family business structures. Collaborating with family members and colleagues to build an action plan for your business, you'll shape your family's future and prepare to lead your business through each stage of growth.
Address the complex dynamics of a family business
- Establish a family office separate from the operating business
- Manage expectations for the family's involvement with the business
- Find better ways to reach common goals and address conflicts
- Structure ownership and distribute wealth optimally to benefit the family and the business
Establish a foundation for long-term business success
- Build on your business's strengths and minimize its vulnerabilities
- Formulate strategies for growing the company and strengthening competitive advantage
- Create a strong board of directors
- Develop succession plans and successfully navigate leadership transitions
Expand your personal and professional network
- Extend your network by living and working with accomplished executives from various backgrounds, industries, and countries around the globe
- Build relationships with a diverse group of peers who can provide wide-ranging insights into your business challenges and career decisions
What You Will Learn
Featuring lectures, case studies, guest speakers, and dynamic interactions, this program draws on faculty members' family business research and consulting work with family companies around the world. You and other family business teams from around the world will discover strategies and best practices that will enable you to meet today's business objectives while planning for the future.
During this family business management program, you will work privately within your own team to create a customized plan that positions your company for ongoing success. A professional family business facilitator will help your team identify your particular challenges and goals and create a practical action plan you can implement immediately. With focused time away from day-to-day concerns, you will be able to share ideas, strengthen relationships, and work together to align and pursue your objectives.
Who should attend
Family business teams of four or more individuals that reflect multiple generations, both genders, and executives from the family office for wealth management .
- A chief executive officer or top family business leader and his or her spouse
- Children of the business leader(s) and their spouses
- Siblings, cousins, and their spouses/partners
- Family members who are managers, employees, board members, or shareholders in the business
- Nonfamily senior executives from the business
- Nonfamily senior executives from the family office
- Interested relatives, including in-laws