Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wharton School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Focusing on the most critical leadership issues facing new and established CEOs, CEO Academy® brings together the world’s most well-respected chief executives to share what worked while leading their companies through major change and what they would have done differently. Attendees leave with actionable insights from CEOs in the trenches, as well as a richer perspective on macroeconomic trends, shareholder engagement, and strategic leadership.
Designed for both new and experienced chief executive officers, this program features more than 15 current and former CEOs from major companies as speakers. They will focus on the most critical leadership issues relevant to new and established CEOs.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In CEO Academy®, you will:
- Enhance your leadership and strategic decision-making skills
- Gain new insight on some of the major issues affecting CEO decision-making today
- Connect with peers in a dynamic setting
- Hear from veteran CEOs at critical moments leading their organizations and what they learned
Experience & Impact
CEOs face increasing economic uncertainty, disruptive innovation, and activist shareholders. This unique leadership program brings together current and former chief executives from major companies, leaders from institutional investment and governance firms, and Wharton’s senior faculty members.
In sum, this program provides a unique learning program for chief executive officers, where they can elevate their thinking around leadership and strategy and learn from other successful leaders in a collaborative peer environment. CEO Academy® executives and faculty from the 2015 program collectively served on more than 50 major company boards.
Session topics over two days include:
- Why CEO Continuous Improvement is Critical
- Case Studies of Successful CEOs
- Why Capital Allocation is Strategy
- Ethics and Integrity: Setting the Tone at the Top
- The Discipline of Getting Things Done
- Continue to Innovate or Die
- Placing Your Bets around the World
- How Best to Assess your Team
- The Changing Landscape of Shareholder Engagement
- What You Need to Know about ALL Media
- Boards: When to Take Charge, When to Partner and When to Stay out of the Way
- Transform Your Company Before Others Do
- The Art of Delegation
Below is a partial list of companies who have attended:
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Boeing Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Comcast Corporation
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- International Paper Company
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Raytheon Company
Designed for both new and experienced chief executive officers, this two-day program builds on the highly successful program that has brought CEOs together to learn from one another since 2001.
Who should attend
CEO Academy® is designed for both new and veteran CEOs from all industries. The program is limited to 50 attendees, who must be a sitting CEO, Chair, or have been publicly announced as CEO or Chair designate. To further leverage the value and impact of CEO Academy®, participants can bring a board member to attend at no additional charge.
Participants leave the program with an expanded peer network and powerful insights on how to lead their organizations while managing external pressures, from global competition to shareholder activism.