Who should attend
This course is the perfect fit for students aiming to learn more about experience design, for brand, product or service innovation.
About the course
In an increasingly media saturated world discover how to design events, environments, products and services that transform emotions, thoughts and behaviour. This interdisciplinary course is an introduction to the emerging discipline of experience design. You'll learn methods and techniques that can be applied across all sectors, to improve the quality of interaction and depth of engagement with audiences.
This structured course combines illustrated lectures, discussions, and short collaborative briefs to explore how experiences can be designed using images, objects, environments, stories and the senses which leave a lasting impression. At the end of the course you will have increased your knowledge and professional skills, and be inspired by the potential to incorporate these into your own work, practice or studies.
- You will work collaboratively to conceive immersive experiences that engage and inform, and learn what goes into making them a reality.
- Learn about theories and models which have shaped our current knowledge of Experience Design, drawing influence from the art, commercial and heritage sectors
- Apply tools and techniques inspired by psychology, neuroscience, marketing and education to research, design and develop your ideas
- Learn how to design the emotional journey of your audience, the importance of achieving ‘flow’, and when even negative emotions might be turned to good
- Discover the power of Story and Narrative as tools for design and communication
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Iñaki Arbelaiz Is a trained MsC Architect and Urbanist, MsC Industrial Design and UX, and has an extensive international experience working on spatial innovation and urban behaviour, innovation systems design and roll out, and creative and service-oriented organizational design. This experience i...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.