Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Executive presence means conveying confidence as a business leader, commanding respect, and having a professional magnetism that influences others. Executive presence trades passivity and self-doubt for self-assurance, decisiveness, and bold decision making. With this program, leaders will gain the tools to develop their executive presence and become the elite performers who influence outcomes, contribute to major decisions, and drive change for the betterment of the company. They will create a consistent view of themselves as a compelling force inside an organization. They will learn how to utilize executive presence to shape and positively affect the outcome of situations.
Introduction to executive presence
- What is executive presence?
- Why is executive presence important?
- How do others in your company perceive you? Do they see you as having a low or high degree of executive presence?
74 ways to build your executive presence
(1) radiate gravitas: you will learn how to be poised, confident, in command and charismatic.
- Poised: you are composed, grounded, solid, and strong.
- Confident: you are in command of the situation: calm, focused, and in control.
- Command: others perceive your presence and power.
- Charismatic: you radiate appeal, personal charm, and an optimistic attitude.
(2) act with authority: you will learn how to be decisive, bold, accountable and convincing.
- Decisive: you take charge and drive toward a solution.
- Bold: you are willing to make bold decisions, and to put a stake in the ground and own your position.
- Accountable: you take full responsibility and ownership for projects and outcomes.
(3) build a positive reputation: you will learn how to be seen as credible, trustworthy, respected and reliable.
- Credible: you are consistently competent, effective, and accurate.
- Trustworthy: people see your words, deeds, and character as honest and authentic.
- Respected: you are highly regarded. People admire who you are and look up to you.
- Reliable: people know they can depend on you to get the job done right and on time.
(4) communicate powerfully: you will learn how to be concise, prepared and deliver confident messages with conviction.
- Concise: when you speak, you are succinct and to the point.
- Insightful: you make great recommendations.
- Prepared: you are organized and on top of things; you proactively seek knowledge and strive to stay well-informed.
- Expressive: you share your thoughts and ideas without hesitation.
Where does executive presence matter at work?
- What are the situations that an improved executive presence will benefit ?
- Who is the audience that most benefits from an improved executive presence?
Joel Garfinkle is recognized as one of the top 50 executive coaches in the U.S., having worked with many of the world’s leading companies. His clientele comprises a distinguished and diverse international client base, including Oracle, Google, Amazon, Deloitte, Ritz-Carlton, Bank of America, Star...