Who should attend
This program is designed for leaders interested in furthering visibility and presence within the corporate, public sector, entrepreneurial, academic or nonprofit environments.
About the course
A compelling and commanding executive presence sets leaders in advanced management positions apart from the rest. Lacking executive presence can hold you back; possessing it can propel your career development forward. Executive presence isn’t an innate gift but rather a leadership skill set waiting to be developed. Let the world-renowned faculty from Carnegie Mellon’s Tepper School of Business help you to become your best professional self and the leader you were meant to be through this interactive executive education leadership program. Timely content will be covered during this virtual program including strategies for enhancing your presence during video conference.
- Identify your unique strengths and leverage those talents for maximum professional advantage.
- Understand your audience to best adapt your communication strategies for greatest understanding and impact.
- Learn to communicate organizational vision and strategy effectively to both superiors and subordinates.
- Recognize others' perceptions of your leadership capabilities and learn to align that view with your most compelling managerial persona.
- Enhance awareness of your presence during video conference and virtual meetings.
Deconstructing Executive Presence
- Develop your understanding of the intuitive yet elusive essence of executive presence.
- Debunk popular myths about who stands out and why.
- Create a clear, nuanced, and personalized account of what it means to project confidence, add value and display gravitas.
Harnessing the Power of Feedback
- Heighten your awareness of how others perceive you.
- Discover what defines your identity and distinctiveness as a leader, and learn how to effectively align it with short- and long-term goals.
- Recognize how to uncover and leverage opportunities to solicit feedback.
Strengthening Your Leadership Brand
- Implement a five-step process to enhance your personal leadership brand.
- Generate maximum value by communicating all that is compelling and effective about your leadership to your colleagues.
- Construct your leadership brand statement, and test its ability to help you get the results you want.
Powering Up with Performance Techniques
- Employ performance-based methods and time-tested techniques of professional performers to engage diverse audiences, build credibility and motivate teams.
- Learn how to align objective (what you want) with action (how to get what you want) to communicate powerfully and effectively.
Communicating with Impact
- Combine your intuitions about executive presence, your knowledge of how others perceive you and your performance acumen to build on your success as a leader.
- Maximize your effectiveness in the workplace through calculated self-awareness, embodied brand identity and clear, purposeful and authoritative message delivery.
She currently teaches graduate-level courses in business communication, writing, and presentation skills. She also serves as an academic advisor and teaches on-line courses for students in the Information Technology distance-learning program. She serves as a member of the Simon Initiative Curricu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.