Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Having a leader who can assess and manage a constantly changing environment, as well as mobilize and direct resources effectively, is a game changer for nonprofit organizations. That’s because when confident, business-savvy leadership is paired with altruistic goals, the nonprofit narrative evolves, donor relationships are solidified and social entrepreneurship thrives.
This professional development series will build the knowledge and skills to:
- Learn the fundamentals of nonprofit management and leadership
- Improve your nonprofit business acumen in areas such as budgeting and finance
- Establish an effective nonprofit narrative by managing media relations
- Validate best practices and quality assurance
And depending on the elective course you choose, you can also learn to:
- Increase your capacity for successful board leadership and management
- Effectively manage the relationships between executives and board members
- Understand federal and state laws that impact employment relationships
- Prevent employment discrimination
Three 8-week courses – two required and one elective – provide valuable insight and instruction from some of today’s most successful nonprofit leaders. You’ll learn the fundamentals of nonprofit leadership and management, including leadership styles, nonprofit marketing, program evaluation, nonprofit law and more. You’ll examine nonprofit governance and board management, including key legal, accounting, communication and fundraising components. And you’ll specialize your program with a concentration in leading nonprofit boards or legal issues in human resource management.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.