Who should attend
Essentials of Government Contract Management is ideal for the practicing governmental professional or those aspiring to work within the government sector. Scope of the course includes federal acquisition regulations, procurement, ethics and government property.
About the course
The Essentials of Government Contract Management course helps professionals balance legal and business decision making by addressing many important subjects in the government contract management industry. This curriculum includes applying Agile methodology to contract management, laws and regulations, types of contracts, solicitation, as well as Statements of Work and ethics.
In addition, this course covers the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) process, which governs federal transactions. Government contracting is governed by multiple pieces of federal legislation. The FAR is a set of rules meant to harmonize the acquisition process. This course will help you understand the federal acquisition process, including pre-award, award, and post-award phases of acquiring a government contract.
Today’s contract manager’s role is constantly expanding to accommodate technological advances. This course helps you understand the procurement process from contract definition to contract management, including everything from requisitioning to the enforcement of contracts to copyrights and patents.
What You’ll Study
- Agile Methodology – Government
- Contract Management Lifecycle
- Cost/Price Analysis
- Negotiation Evaluation
- Performance Monitoring
- Proposal Evaluation
- Laws & Regulation
- Contract Changes
- Disputes and Terminations
- Patents and Copyrights
- Contract Modifications
- Acquisition System
- Government Law and Practices
- Requests for Proposal
Types of Contracts
- Fixed Price Contracts
- Cost-Reimbursement Contracts
- Additional Contract Issues
- Role of Negotiation
- Negotiation: What Is It?
- Basic Rules of Negotiation
- Negotiation Nuggets
- Rules, Regulation and Process
- Methods of Contracting
- Developing Criteria and Applying Standards
- Forming the Contract
- Contractor Purchasing System Review
- Changes Clause
- Constructive Changes Part 1 & 2
- Value Engineering Changes and Other Concepts
- Post-Award Phase: Invoicing and Payment
- The Disputes Act
- Terminations for Default
- Terminations for Convenience
- Contract Closeout
8 Week Course
Introduction to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) System
- Describe the foundations of FAR system
- Identify key terms related to FAR
- Explain how the FAR functions
- Describe market research and acquisition planning
- Explain solicitation requirements
- Define agile methods
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.