Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Mediators and those aspiring to build a career in mediation
- Attorneys and lawyers
- Independent consultants
- Union representatives and labor relations professionals
- HR professionals
- Entrepreneurs who want to mediate
- Recent graduates interested in becoming mediators/arbitrators
- Anyone looking to start their own practice as a mediation/dispute resolution professional
About the course
This intensive training program equips participants with knowledge and skills essential for successful employment mediation. A comprehensive blend of substantive law and training in mediation process skills prepares participants to become qualified mediators for employment disputes.
By the program's completion, you will be well prepared to become a qualified employment law mediator. The Employment Law Mediator Training program focuses first on employment law that is applicable to employment mediation, then on in-depth role-playing to help you learn and practice the skills to facilitate the process. Instruction is now available online for the one-month asynchronous knowledge building, followed by the synchronous five-day online training.
Key course takeaways
- Overview of employment law, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Whistleblower discrimination
- Examine employment mediation process:
- Pre-Mediation Intake
- Opening Session
- Exploring Interests
- Working through Impasse
- Framing the Settlement
- Practice Development
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.