Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Carlson School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Prepare tomorrow's leaders today with this targeted and highly impactful program to enhance emerging leaders’ collaboration, communication, and leadership skills. Emerging leaders are stepping up faster than ever before, and the coming retirement bubble will only accelerate the pace. With early responsibility and less time on the job, emerging leaders and their companies will benefit from this opportunity to enhance their collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
- Increase Your Leadership Capability... engage in effective productive discussions with senior leaders
- Better Execute Strategy... learn practical, real-world tools and techniques to get things done
- Collaborate Cross-enterprise...master structures and processes to effectively navigate and lead cross-functional projects; apply in a team-based exercise
- Increase Your Personal Influence...discover the art of persuasion, including ways to influence without authority and tactfully address interpersonal conflict; practice under a variety of scenarios
- Build Strategic Relationships...evaluate your firm’s political landscape and map out a plan to align and stay connected with key stakeholders
- Accelerate your Development...combine all your learning into a comprehensive, personal roadmap, with three focus areas, to guide development once back in the office
In this hands-on, interactive program, emerging leaders will learn and apply actionable tools and frameworks to boost strategy, collaboration, communication, and build leadership capacity. Participants will learn approaches to:
- Engage in productive and interactive conversations with leadership
- Collaborate in the “new normal” work environment of informal authority and virtual teams
- Plan and execute strategy using effective and practical project, people, and stakeholder management techniques
- Build relationships across the organization to leverage resources for initiatives and build personal brand
Toward the end of the course, emerging leaders will build a personal development plan with key milestones to ensure that course learning transfers to the work environment and provides continuing benefits.
Who should attend
Emerging leaders with 2 + years managing people, projects or initiatives
Trust the experts
Svjetlana Madzar Senior Lecturer Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship Education M.A. and PhD University of Minnesota Expertise Collaboration in teams, strategic partnerships and across borders Svjetlana Madzar is a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship Depart...
Lori Abrams Senior Lecturer Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship Education PhD 1988 Organizational Communication University of Minnesota Master 1985 Organizational Communication University of Minnesota Expertise Negotiation Organizational Behavior Strategy Implementation LORI J. ...
Jeffrey Kaufmann Senior Lecturer Strategic Management & Entrepreneurship Education Ph.D. 2000 Management [Strategy] University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill J.D. 1990 College of William and Mary B.B.A. 1987 Management James Madison University Expertise Strategy Implementation M...
David Quimby Senior Lecturer Supply Chain and Operations Education Expertise David Quimby’s background includes extensive experience in distribution operations, supply chain management, logistics engineering and systems analysis in the private and public sectors. As a Project Manager for a ...
Larry Nordhagen has provided organizational development, talent development and training leadership to public and private organizations. He has led the training and organizational development practices both internally and externally as a consultant. Larry continuously drives innovation to ensure ...
I partner with my clients to accelerate development for themselves and their teams in order to improve their effectiveness and deliver exceptional results within their organization. Approaching each situation with a positive and appreciative mindset, I build trust and rapport and help people take...
Emerging Leaders Bootcamp - Carlson Executive Education