Who should attend
This program is of value for all who have an interest in maximizing their impact as leaders in their organizations and lives.
About the course
Our leadership presence, embodied intelligence and body language communicate much more than our words convey. Our first language is body language, and its impact is profound. Our body language sends, receives, and deciphers a myriad of nonverbal cues, signs and signals. Bringing our attention to this level of communication gives us immeasurable insight, and helps us decode the real meaning beneath spoken words to determine what is really going on with and between people. It also provides us with a deeper awareness of ourselves, allowing us to develop an authentic leadership presence. From this deeper awareness comes the ability for deep listening, solid thinking, insightful reflecting, and effective responding.
In this program, through presentation, experiential learning opportunities, and exploration of their business challenges, participants will develop a better understanding of their leadership presence, embodied intelligence and body language and learn to confidently apply that self-knowledge in all aspects of their lives.
- What is "embodied presence" and why is it important?
- The power of leadership presence, embodied intelligence and body language through the alignment of who you are and what you communicate
- Understanding how we and others are perceived through the map of five archetypal body structures and ways of being
- Effective decision making through embodied leadership presence
- Living more deeply in the world using the senses for genuine listening and responding
- Presence as the act of responsibly entering into meaningful dialogue, vital interactions and genuine relationship with others
- Leadership presence as the informed decisions we make and the actions we take
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn how to stand strong in the midst of chaos and agile in response to new ideas, diverse perspectives and unanticipated change
- Gain insight into their embodied presence and body language to better understand the non-verbal messages they are giving and receiving
- Develop a deeper understanding of their leadership presence, body language, body structure and embodied communication
- Determine a more reliable outcome between what they intend to communicate and influence and what is actually received
- Build on the strengths and explore the challenges of their personal presence to benefit in practical ways
- Engage in resonant and meaningful dialogue through embodied presence as a way to create a desired field of collaborative and cooperative influence
Jackie Stevenson is the founder and CEO of Spirit of Leadership LLC. She is a consultant, coach, therapist and educator. Jackie is an adjunct professor at the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University. She is on the faculty of the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland w...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.