Driving Efficiency and Operational Performance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
To equip participants with practical lean tools vis-à-vis efficiency and productivity improvement in business operations. In today’s highly competitive environment, being a lean organisation has become extremely important. This seminar helps provide course participants with the strategic knowledge and skills to apply lean principles in business organisations. Participants will gain an overview of the Toyota Production System and the origins and principles of lean methodology and will develop a working knowledge of its supporting tools and techniques. The seminar covers the five stages to lean, waste-free operations, including the application of mapping and continuous improvement tools, and offers an opportunity to work as a team with fellow participants and implement lean principles in a realistic operations simulation and Kaizen event regarding value enhancement, lean startup methodology, practical method for lean pillar deployment in contemporary manufacturing and service-oriented organisations. In today’s complex business environment, characterised by pervasive economic uncertainty, increasing customer expectations, and intensifying competition, organisations are constantly seeking to develop and execute a winning strategy especially on cost reduction and continuous improvement as per quality product and service delivery.
The lean methodology encourages continuous improvement, which is a long-term process where small changes are implemented systematically. These changes to processes are incremental and increase quality and efficiency. The term Lean Management refers to an end to end business process and system for organising and managing product development, manufacturing, operations, service, suppliers, customer relations, and the overall enterprise. Lean applies in every business and process. It is not a cost reduction program, but an approach to optimise end to end processes towards having maximum value for everybody through the systemic identification and elimination of losses.
This intensive three-day seminar begins with an exploration of lean principle, methodology, tools, types, and categorisation of wastes via loss stream, lessons from the Toyota production system (TPS), concepts of efficiency and productivity, and case discussion. The second day will focus on Lean Archetype, lean supply chain (Lean in the value-adding stream), lean-based accounting, and practical sessions of lean implementation in manufacturing and service organisations. The third will address lean Architecture, lean deployment, lean implementation, Process Kaizen Event (PKE), lean maturity, and ethical aspects of lean thinking. Participants will learn how to close challenges of operational under performance via losses in the value stream, acquire the skills of diagnosing process toward identification of gaps, people capability building regarding operation systems, management infrastructure, mindset, and behavioral mapping of organisational employees. Also, take-away will include practical ability to implement lean and sustaining a lean culture in both manufacturing and service organisations.
Fundamentals of Lean Thinking and Methodology
- Introduction and Overview of Seminar
- Concepts of Efficiency and Productivity Improvement (Paradigm Shift)
- Lean Methodology and Principles
- Lean Tools ( e.g. Gemba, 5s, Visual management, PDCA)
- Root-causes and types of Wastes / Losses in manufacturing and service organisations
- Value Stream Mapping and Throughput maximisation via lean approach
- Case / discussion
Lean Archetype: Office, Service, and Manufacturing
- Lean in Manufacturing organisations
- Lean in Service Organisations
- Lean in Office and IT
- Lean Metrics
- Lean Supply Chain: Value Chain Lean implementation
- Lean-based Accounting fundamentals and application
- Practical Industrial lean game / experience ( Industry experience / expertise)
- Lean Architecture: Operating System, Mindset & Behavioral Capabilities, and Management Infrastructure
- Practical lean Deployment: Operational Pillar Approach for Manufacturing and Service organisations
- Lean implementation pillars: Standard Daily Work (SDW), Plan Maintenance, Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE), Focused Improvement, Training & Development, Early Management, Quality.
- Process Kaizen Event ( PKE) and class exercise
- Lean Maturity and Continuous Improvement
- Video on lean application
- Ethical Aspects of a Lean enterprise : Business, People, and Environmental implications
Key Learning Outcomes
Participants on this programme will understand:
- Concepts and frameworks that will integrate efficiency and productivity improvement using lean principles and techniques.
- Matching mindsets and behaviors of organisational employees to the lean operating system in a challenging business environment.
- Reconciling business needs, improvement potential and change capability towards driving efficiency and growing productivity levels.
- Identification and elimination of key sources of wastes and losses in the value-adding streams of an organisation.
- Equip participants with practical tools to drive efficiency and improve productivity towards being cost-efficient while delivering high quality products and services.
Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit two key groups:
- Team leaders, and middle to senior-level in operations roles in the private and public sectors (
- Operations managers, Production managers, Plant managers, Technical managers, Engineering / Maintenance managers, Quality and Assurance managers, Procurement / Logistics managers, and Supply Chain managers )
- Senior executives / business leaders in manufacturing, supply chain, and service organizations who are responsible for driving efficiency and improving organizational productivity levels.