Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Anyone who is expected to deliver maximum productivity and results at work despite interruptions, an excessive workload and other obstacles.
About the course
Develop self-direction skills to maximize your productivity regardless of distractions so you can get focused and stay focused.
For many of us, our “new normal” job means that we’ve inherited work from others, and are multitasking 24/7. Many times, we’re expected to produce positive results with fewer resources. It’s not surprising that maintaining focus and staying engaged can be a major hurdle. With so many simultaneous demands on your time, sustaining focused energy is no longer an option. It’s a “must have” skill for doing your job, and doing it well.
In this seminar you will get your work world into clear focus and in sync with those around you. You will learn tools that help you get into productive flow whenever you need to and how to get back on track when you are thrown off course. You will leave with tools that help you make the best of your innate strengths, mitigate your challenges, and stay focused. You will also learn how to stay in focus and on a productive course when others around you are throwing distractions and barriers in your way.
How You Will Benefit
- Get a complete picture of your work load to reduce emergency fire drills
- Be able to clear your mind and snap back into focus at a moment's notice
- Have a process to get in focus and stay there
- Have behaviors to help you stay energized and engaged
- Learn your “Primary Work Style” and how to make it work for you
- Know the three most important questions to ask for instant clarity and focus
- Set up your environment and tools to work for you, not against you
- Implement techniques for eliminating your worst interruptions
- Deal with necessary disruptions without destroying your productivity flow
What You Will Cover
- Assessing your focus levels
- Identifying the “pitfalls “ in your systems that throw you out of focus
- Building a command-central tool for safe storage of all commitments
- Using anticipation tools to cut distractions and emergencies
- Assessing your “hard-wired” strengths and weaknesses
- Minimizing negative energy and stress that saps your strength
- Utilizing “snap back” tools to immediately regain focus
- Slowing down so you can speed through your day’s work
- Utilizing the right tools for your sensory style: auditory, visual or tactile
Focusing on the Big Picture
- Define What Focus Really Means
- Identify Where You Are Out of Focus
- Build a Complete Picture of Your Work
- Identify Four Factors That Destroy Your Focus
- Develop a Clear Set of Expectations and a Process to Help You Synchronize with Your Boss
Achieving Focus at the Project Level
- Build Your Complete Project List
- Identify Actionable Outcomes to Set Yourself Up for Success, Even When Time Is Short
- Plan Projects to Task Level 70% Faster
Your Internal Focus—Increasing Your Ability to Engage and Energize
- Identify Your “Hardwired” Skills and Challenges
- Describe How to Conquer Multitasking
- Identify Forces and Solutions for Concentration Destroyers
- Use “Snapback” Tools to Restore Your Focus
- Incorporate Energy Builders into Your Day
- Use the ZAP Thought Process to Handle Incoming Work and to Create Flow
Building Tools to Help You Get in the Flow and Stay There
- Dispel Personal Productivity Myths, and Replace Them with Current Thinking
- Work from Zero Base
- Create a Working Command Central Focus Tool
- Create a “Once-a-Week” Thinking Process for Yourself
- Organize Your Workspace to Keep You in the Flow
- De-stress with On-the-Spot Tools to Use Whenever You Need Them
Working with the “Unfocused”
- Anticipate Requests from Others, and Decrease the “Emergency” Factor
- Harness the Power of Visuals for Yourself and Others
- Deal with Interruptions to Minimize Negative Impact
- Say “No” When It’s the Right Answer
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.