Who should attend
Individual contributors and managers who have to get work done through people who do not necessarily report to them.
About the course
With current economic times, organizations are placing more and more emphasis on teamwork and employee productivity and efficiency. This course will focus on the many interpersonal aspects of inspiring work through others, as well as the skills needed to manage that work for greater efficiency and productivity. This course aims to provide you with an understanding of what influence is and what it is not, and how to act at your full level of empowerment to get work done through people who do not report to you. Learn how to build a framework to manage that work and how to gain support from key people in the organization.
- Influence as a leadership quality and management skill
- Principles of Influence
- How to act at your full level of empowerment even without direct or formal authority
- How to gain support from key people in the organization
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn strategies for inspiring work through others
- Be empowered and equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to move others to action
- Influence outcomes across all levels in an organization
Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper is the senior managing partner of Improve Consulting and Training Group, a firm that provides personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation. Improve has been featured in Time Magazine, Black Voices, Smart Business Magazine and Bloomberg Businessw...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.