Who should attend
Disney insights and illustrations are beneficial to any leader, particularly those new to their role, interested in achieving leadership excellence through a personal journey that explores values alignment, communication strategies, and sustainment tools.
About the course
Put Into Action the Values and Vision that Will Allow Your Business to Thrive. At Disney Institute, we believe leadership is not defined by your title, but by your actions. Your values inform how you lead, creating an example for others to follow. In this course, you'll get insights into how leaders at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts create shared values and a compelling vision within a framework of effective leadership practices.
Our Leadership Excellence course is based on a time-tested approach demonstrated by exemplary leaders. We've learned that leaders who intentionally nurture an environment of mutual trust and respect tend to drive stronger employee performance, which leads to exceptional customer service—and ultimately—improved business results.
Learn How To:
- Identify the personal and organizational values that drive you as a leader
- Create alignment between your personal values and vision and those of the business or team
- Share a compelling vision for the future that drives action today
- Understand the values-infused role of a leader in culture-building and team support
- Sustain your organization's values and vision during times of change
- Establish your own legacy as a leader
Who Can Benefit:
- Build a lasting legacy that inspires future leaders
- Align the work culture to foster positive and lasting results
- Discover strategies for personal leadership development
- Establish and sustain your vision as a leader across the business
- Infuse the values and vision into the daily operations
- Learn ways to foster better leadership in your organization
- Understand how to intentionally demonstrate the behaviors that uphold the values and vision of your team or organization
The Leadership Imperative
Disney's long-term success is a direct result of exceptional leadership from individuals who establish, put into action and sustain the values and vision formed by Walt and Roy Disney. This course will have you consider your leadership strengths and how your own behavior relates to and can impact your team and organization.
Establish Values and Vision
Aligning your personal values with those of the organization is critical. When values and vision are in sync, this alignment can lead to outstanding results. By proactively aligning your behavior with your organization's values, you'll establish your own values and vision as a leader.
Put the Process Into Action
Leaders must model the values that contribute to the vibrancy of an organization. By intentionally instilling those values into aspects of recruiting, hiring, training and communicating, you'll reinforce your company's culture.
Sustain and Protect the Culture
Every organization's values are vulnerable and will erode over time, which can threaten a company's future if not protected. By developing the next generation of leaders today, you can pass on the values that can enable your organization's vision to continue expanding. You'll learn to recognize when values may be most at risk and how to preserve them in times of change.
Lead with Your Legacy in Mind
What kind of influence do you want to have on others that's truly lasting? If you want to make a positive impact on your organization for the long run, start thinking about your legacy now. Learn what leaving an intentional legacy means and experience opportunities to reflect on and begin to refine.
Online Live Course
Develop Your Vision and Values to Create a Thriving Organization Understanding that leadership is not defined by titles, but by action, is a key principle at Disney parks and resorts. Values have the ability to validate strong leadership and establish a positive example for others to follow. Leaders who understand how to intentionally nurture an environment of mutual trust and respect tend to drive stronger employee performance.
During this online live course, you will be inspired and equipped with powerful knowledge to be able to create effective and sustainable leadership practices. You will also gain an understanding into how leaders at Disney parks and resorts create shared values and a compelling vision to make a positive impact on their teams.
Official Disney Institute facilitators will guide you and fellow participants through this engaging learning experience featuring live exploration and discussion of key concepts, with the opportunity to ask questions. Exclusive video presentations will bring the learnings to life and take you behind the scenes to explore Disney operational best practices. You will also have the opportunity to participate in interactive chats, polls and other small-group activities with fellow participants.
Learn How To:
- Begin to explore the personal and organizational values that drive you as a leader
- Start to recognize personal values and vision that align with those of your organization
- Begin to understand the role of a values-infused leader in culture building and team support
- Gain insight into establishing your own legacy as a leader
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.