Digital Marketing and Social Media Strategy - Leveraging Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Leonard N. Stern School of Business.Full disclaimer.
The emergence of the Internet has drastically changed various aspects of an organization’s operations. Some traditional marketing strategies are now completely outdated, others have been deeply transformed, and new digital marketing strategies are continuously emerging based on the unprecedented access to vast amounts of information about products, firms, and consumer behavior. In this program, we will examine best-practices related to the business use of social media and digital marketing. While there will be sufficient attention given to top level strategy used by companies adopting social media and digital marketing, the course will also focus on digital analytics oriented tools: how to make organizations more intelligent in how they conduct business in the digital age. Measurement plays a big role in this space. Thriving in such an environment requires the understanding and leveraging of the major mega-trends of today such as Digital Attribution Social Listening, Big Data and the Social-Graph for external and internal business innovation. Based on the composition of the participants, we will discuss how specific firms can create a comprehensive social media and digital marketing plan and execute it.
CERTIFICATES AND CREDITS
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement. This program is also eligible for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits through NASBA.
During this course, participants will:
Discover how to extract business intelligence from social listening tools
Learn how businesses can tap into the open innovation opportunities in the digital world
Examine the best practices in social media and digital marketing from multiple perspectives in multiple industries
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Breakfast
Session 1: Understanding Social Media Strategy
- How social media is changing businesses
- Leveraging major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for customer acquisition and retention.
- Discuss social media marketing strategies and execution in various industries.
- Case studies of successful case studies and learnings from therein.
- Team Session: Creating the next generation social enterprise.
- Social business for B2B: Case studies & best practices.
Session 2: Exploring Digital Marketing and Attribution Analysis
Strategic search engine marketing, web analytics, and digital advertising models.
- New metrics (audience/channel specific/universal engagement metrics) for evaluating success of digital marketing campaigns.
- Team Session: Hands-on case analysis on how to leverage search advertising in generating customer sales in a cost-effective manner.
A framework for digital marketing attribution.
- Digital attribution across different media and different devices.
- Hands on data analyses of multi-channel budget allocation in digital marketing.
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm: Lunch
Session 3: Leveraging Social Networks and User Analytics
Using social media networks for brand value.
- Distinguishing homophily from influence in social networks.
- Understanding and leveraging the peer influence process.
- Discuss different mechanisms through which products and ideas go viral.
- The science of viral marketing
Methods for measuring the true impact of social networks and word-of-mouth
- Executing statistical tools, experimental testing and randomized trials in the digital world.
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Breakfast
Session 4: Learning How Social Listening and Big Data Analytics Works
Social listening and text analytics
- Sentiment analyses and opinion mining of user-generated content.
- Generating marketing intelligence from mining social media content.
Hands on case analyses to build a Facebook community.
- Team Session: Generate consumer insights and monetize Facebook fan page activity
- Using social media channels to actively engage customers and communities
- Social media metrics and social graph analyses
Session 5: Painting the Mobile Landscape: Mobile Marketing Strategies and Analytics
Mobile internet, mobile apps, mobile ads, mobile commerce
- Key metrics and analytics in quantifying the value of mobile marketing.
- Mobile and tablet consumption in consumer path to purchase.
- Team session: Value of mobile apps for brands, marketers and firms.
- Case analyses of mobile marketing and mobile advertising adoption.
- Cross device and cross platform synergies between smart phones, tablets and PCs.
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm: Lunch
Session 6: Toolkits and Lessons Learned
- Summary of day's learnings
- Toolkit: A set of digital tools to continue your learning after the Program
- Concluding thoughts and “hands-on” discussion on implementing social media and digital marketing
- Lessons learned and next steps for action
Who should attend
Although there are no formal education or background requirements, this course is designed for executives who meet the criteria below. While we strongly encourage global participation, please note that all courses are taught in English. Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Years of Experience
Designed for professionals with 5+ years of work experience
Ideal for individuals interested in a high-level understanding of digital marketing from a strategic perspective (B2C space as well as B2B space)
Intended for professionals with a basic familiarity with digital media strategy